All weapons in freeroam

Are you sure that you moved all files to proper folders (i.e. preload_items.vpp_pc belongs to "packfiles\pc\cache" folder while XTBLs should be placed in a root)? Also, do Gangstas in Space DLC laser guns work properly?

yes i moved them as you said and there are no textures or meshes for murderbrawl weapons but i dont own gangstars in space dlc

yes i moved them as you said and there are no textures or meshes for murderbrawl weapons but i dont own gangstars in space dlc
Do you have any other mods installed? Loose files with an extension of "str2_pc" or "asm_pc" residing in the root folder can be especially responsible for assets not loading. If that's the case, then -sadly - they'll have to be removed (same thing applies for an alternative "items_3d.xtbl"). If that doesn't help, try to verify your game's files integrity via Steam.

Quite specifically, avoid using any mods in combination that use this:

items_preload_containers.asm_pc

That will interfere the most with BadMad's mod, as it overrides his altered Preload file.

Do you have any other mods installed? Loose files with an extension of "str2_pc" or "asm_pc" residing in the root folder can be especially responsible for assets not loading. If that's the case, then -sadly - they'll have to be removed (same thing applies for an alternative "items_3d.xtbl"). If that doesn't help, try to verify your game's files integrity via Steam.
problem fixed :) i vertifyd my game on steam and now it works it said that 9 files wore mising

Are you sure that you moved all files to proper folders (i.e. preload_items.vpp_pc belongs to "packfiles\pc\cache" folder while XTBLs should be placed in a root)? Also, do Gangstas in Space DLC laser guns work properly?

Thank you BadMadScientist. It didn't work for me, the weapons where invisible. But then I saw your post and because of my being really excited about this I didn't take the time to read the readme. It works now after placing the preload_items.vpp_pc in the right folder.
Super mod! I see you have some problems though because of some limits with the xtbl files? I hope you will find a solution for this and later on be able to add in the bee-gun and the other murderbrawl as well.

Good luck with the mod and big thanks!

While the fight for preloads continues, I think I'm ready to announce beta 1! Download it from the OP. As you can see, the package put on some wieght but trust me, it packs quite a resource:
1. Laser weapons effects are in. Hurray.
2. Super powers effects are in. Hurray x 2.
3. All of DLC sound effects are in. Hurray^99.
4. Memory limits I've hit in previous alpha feel REALLY restricting. While I've managed to find a way to preload all of the textures properly, the price was relatively high: meshes of other weapons started to disappear. I had no other way but to cut cricket bat and urinal, while offering you a DLC2 video camera in exchange. That camera doesn't look really that bad in free roam without a texture, so have fun with it :) Hopefully you'll be able to turn it into whatever lethal device you like!
5. I tweaked this and that to make the guns more useful. My intention wasn't to revamp them completely - that's not exacly the point of this mod - but to make them enjoyable at least at first use.

Most weird bugs I encountered so far are connected to "The Troubles with Clones" assets. Swarmitron refuses to load, cutscenes refuse to start (while every other cutscene seems to work as it should), at one point game engine wanted to me preload things I really didn't wanted (and didn't really looked that necessary to preload; I think I've found a decent walkaround though) - all for unknwon reasons that yet have to be explained. Either way, Swarmitron, I'm coming for you!

While the fight for preloads continues, I think I'm ready to announce beta 1! Download it from the OP. As you can see, the package put on some wieght but trust me, it packs quite a resource:
1. Laser weapons effects are in. Hurray.
2. Super powers effects are in. Hurray x 2.
3. All of DLC sound effects are in. Hurray^99.
4. Memory limits I've hit in previous alpha feel REALLY restricting. While I've managed to find a way to preload all of the textures properly, the price was relatively high: meshes of other weapons started to disappear. I had no other way but to cut cricket bat and urinal, while offering you a DLC2 video camera in exchange. That camera doesn't look really that bad in free roam without a texture, so have fun with it :) Hopefully you'll be able to turn it into whatever lethal device you like!
5. I tweaked this and that to make the guns more useful. My intention wasn't to revamp them completely - that's not exacly the point of this mod - but to make them enjoyable at least at first use.

Most weird bugs I encountered so far are connected to "The Troubles with Clones" assets. Swarmitron refuses to load, cutscenes refuse to start (while every other cutscene seems to work as it should), at one point game engine wanted to me preload things I really didn't wanted (and didn't really looked that necessary to preload; I think I've found a decent walkaround though) - all for unknwon reasons that yet have to be explained. Either way, Swarmitron, I'm coming for you!

I waited for it so long... BadMadScientist, I think you may be the best SR3 modder EVER! :cool:

I waited for it so long... BadMadScientist, I think you may be the best SR3 modder EVER! :cool:

Idol might need to kick your ass for that.

But seriously, this mod is AWESOME! Beta 1 is the BEST version so far, as it not only adds the weapon sounds, but the super power sounds as well!

Can't wait for more of your stuff, BadMadScientist!

Everyone who contributes to this forum is awesome. Even the mods with simple little tweaks and additions make the game better. :)

Back