Mods Ideas

i really hope to see some mods for this game
I wouldn't worry about having to wait too long... Modders here seem to love keeping there projects under wraps until
both the mods and the timing is opportune. I've looked at how the game's data is formatted, and It's tough but not impossible.
In the future an SDK by volition would make the process less taxing.

I wouldn't be surprised if the modding sdk is shelved since one of the guys that spearheaded the effort was let go in the layoffs.

I wouldn't be surprised if the modding sdk is shelved since one of the guys that spearheaded the effort was let go in the layoffs.

It's a tough situation right now. We would still love to do it, but awaiting a final decision to move forward.

It's a tough situation right now. We would still love to do it, but awaiting a final decision to move forward.

You and others from DS Volition need to release SDK for new map buildings and weapons models, or at least make basic tools to editing things like damage, weapon stats, enemy spawn, notoriety, etc. doing same like xtbl files editing for Saints Row mods. Seriously, if there NOTHING for this, you're literally leaving this game unmoddable...

Last edited:
You and others from DS Volition need to release SDK for new map buildings and weapons models, or at least make basic tools to editing things like damage, weapon stats, enemy spawn, notoriety, etc. doing same like htbl files editing for Saints Row mods. Seriously, if there NOTHING for this, you're literally leaving this game unmoddable...
With Volition being a third party company with a complex EULA, even making basic tools, would have to go through Deep Silver, or a parent company.
Also, all of the talented and gifted people who were at Volition are going through something that is heartbreaking. AOM is a passion project in a world
of sequel after sequel, it was risky and ambitious, and in my opinion has some of the best uses of space, upgrading, and light hearted humor I have ever seen in
a video game. It is a game meant to be a game, which you don't see a lot these days. What I'm trying to get at is, as much as the team tried so hard, to make something
creative and for lack of better words AWESOME, it would be like a punch in the throat to see their baby (AOM) get torn apart by reviewers giving reviews on the game
that relied heavily on it's bugs at the time, saying that "It should have been more like Saints Row" when it's a completely different game, or trolls being trolls.
Therefore it would be hard to bounce back and create new tools.
But the fact that they made a huge update patch, (With a car power up!) I feel like AOM still has some fight left in it.;)

so wait are AoM's files compiled differently or is it still the standard vpp_pc im confused whats limiting us.

so wait are AoM's files compiled differently or is it still the standard vpp_pc im confused whats limiting us.
My guess is the "final word" IdolNinja was talking about, which makes a lot of sense.
Even with simple things, situations of this caliber makes things take longer.
That's just my opinion though, and I'm sure time will prove the majority of them
wrong.

I looked at game's files and they seems to be a large vpp_pc probably containing smaller files for tweaks, textures, models, etc. inside, so appears game files in Agents of Mayhem are NOT the same as Saints Row The Third / IV / Gat Out of Hell, but rather pretty identical to Saints Row 2 which also uses similar vpp_pc large files (just fewer than Agents of Mayhem itself) as well... :oops:

Last edited:
Back