Female animations change to male animations during/after missions

Still no word on a patch for this and many other issues I've seen "fixed" in the forums but not implemented in a patch? If it was a single line of code I'm surprised it wasn't included in the last patch.

Still no word on a patch for this and many other issues I've seen "fixed" in the forums but not implemented in a patch? If it was a single line of code I'm surprised it wasn't included in the last patch.

QA takes time. Do you really want another situation where a patch gets released and breaks things because it wasn't fully tested?

Is there any chance of this patch being applied to SRTT as well? I don't remember if the male animations stuck into gameplay, but it definitely had the same issue with cut scenes.

Is there any chance of this patch being applied to SRTT as well? I don't remember if the male animations stuck into gameplay, but it definitely had the same issue with cut scenes.
Cutscenes were done by a motion capture set up, you can't change it. That's why you can't change your character's height either it'd fuck it all up.

Wow, it's been almost a month and no word on another patch to fix the problems they still have with this game. I'm stuck not being able to play it anymore due to this animation bug they literally fixed August 30th, but haven't managed to release. I mean, it was one tiny little line of code. I don't know if its within our power to fix ourselves, or if its something we definitely need them for. I know QA takes time as Idol has said, but I'd still appreciate some kind of notification on when another patch is ready.

I haven't been able to pick this game up anymore since I only have 2 Female characters left to do and I can't play either because well, I should just as well play some aerosmith Dude Walks Like a Lady.

This is such a minor problem that resolves itself within seconds to minutes of triggering. Save/load, start an activity, start a mission, etc. To say you "can't" play a female character because of this is just silly. I've played a good 50 hours as a female character and I've barely noticed the bug.

There are some missions that stick you in this animation and you can't get out for the rest of the mission. I, personally, cannot play a female character because of this. And I notice it, so much that it annoys me. It is such a small, minor fix that they have had resolved for a month but failed to do anything about yet for the retail game. Just because you can handle it, doesn't mean everyone can.

I would just, at this point, settle for some news regarding when the next patch is scheduled for release with this fix among others.

There are some missions that stick you in this animation and you can't get out for the rest of the mission. I, personally, cannot play a female character because of this. And I notice it, so much that it annoys me. It is such a small, minor fix that they have had resolved for a month but failed to do anything about yet for the retail game. Just because you can handle it, doesn't mean everyone can.

I would just, at this point, settle for some news regarding when the next patch is scheduled for release with this fix among others.
Although I would also like a little information on this, it isn't completely game-breaking as some other bugs posted in different threads here. Like, the crashing bugs others are having. Is it annoying? Yes. Seeing my character run around during those missions with the wrong animations is bothersome. But, I can deal with it. I'm on my second playthrough with a different female character and am still enjoying it despite this issue. (Off-topic: Female Voice 3 (southern belle) is hilarious!!)

The following is all my assumption. Don't take this as fact, because I don't know what Volition's internal patch process is like. :p

This was found, fixed and, presumedly, sent to QA to test to be included (hopefully) in the next patch. But, that patch is also going to have other stuff in it that needs to be tested as well. This isn't like the emergency patch they released to fix their first patch. That also is probably factoring into a delay as well. I am assuming they don't want a repeat of that patch's issues, so they are doing more internal testing before they release a patch.

Basically, what I am asking you and everyone else is, have some patience. We will get this fix. Eventually. :)

Just save game then load it again and it goes away, or pretend yo' girls got SWAG SWAG SWAG

There are lots of issues and everyone has different priorities for what is the most important thing to fix. We obviously would like to fix everything long before we even ship, but that simply doesn't happen. Just because it is a small code change doesn't mean it can't have large issues. The pipeline for patching is super long due to the fact that we make a console game and a PC port. The consoles take a LONG time to push paperwork and testing on both our side and Microsoft/Sony side for patches and that shows up on the PC side. We'd prefer it not to do that, but that is the nature of things. Internally we have pushed for and gotten approval for extra patches to SR4 specifically to fix bugs. These patches are not free as they cost developer time, QA time and for the consoles they cost just to submit. Things are getting better, but that doesn't mean that once we find something it is fixed and pushed out immediately. It is immediately fixed internally and put into the list of things that should be included in a patch. A patch you see come out today is something that has been in the works for a very long time and even with all of that we can still have patches that totally destroy something like weapon upgrades.

I'm sorry that we are not following your order of importance and I'm sorry that this bug is impacting your gameplay, but unfortunately this is the situation we find ourselves in and the only thing we can do is try to survive "Dude looks like a lady". I just find and fix bugs in my spare time, when they work into patches is out of my hands. I can't tell you what fixes will be included in what patches simply because I don't know. This information might be coming out in the near future though because we are working to try and improve our official information releases. More on that shortly, I'm sure.

Back