Female animations change to male animations during/after missions

During and after certain missions, the animations for a female character changes to the male character and stays that way for the rest of the session.

Workaround: Save and then reload that save.

Missions that this has happened to me (so far):
The Escape
Back By Popular Demand
From Asha With Love
The Girl Who Hates The 50's*
The Grand Finale**

This has also been reported on saintsrow.com here: http://saintsrow.com/community/go/thread/view/144675/30054105/Female_animation_Glitch

*During the mission, my female character used the male animations, but after the mission was over, reverted to the female ones without the save/reload workaround.

**This/these Mission(s) had all sorts of wonkiness with the animations. I died a lot and the "Retry From Checkpoint" option sometimes restored the female animations and sometimes not. Even the same checkpoint. It was very inconsistent.

edit: Now that I have (finally) finished the game, added two more missions to the list along with further information on those two.

Last edited:
I've had this issue as well and couldn't figure out what was going on till reading this report. The thing that was bugging me most is that my character's hands would clip through her thighs in the wardrobe screens and when standing still.

yes, same here.....its so not cool when my fem character is walking like a tough guy in heels lol. Honestly I thought I was loosing it because when I'd check again I'd have the female walk back.

Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, male animations during in mission cut scenes was a problem in SRTT as well. It was most noticeable if you had a character wearing heels as they'd be totally wrong. Facial animations don't seem quite right either.

We are having trouble reproducing this internally in order to fix it and verify the fix. Can you guys narrow it down or come up with a way to make it happen reliably?

We are having trouble reproducing this internally in order to fix it and verify the fix. Can you guys narrow it down or come up with a way to make it happen reliably?
There's no need to "reproduce" anything. Just playing any of those missions stated in the OP leads to your female character ending up with male animations. It happened to me to, it happened to everyone.
It's not that big of a problem though!

Also, most of those missions that always end up messing up female animations are missions that either force Boss into a specific scripted walking animation (Finale, Escape) or change how the boss walks completely (Asha's loyalty mission), I don't know why it does that too on Gat's rescue mission and in Kinzie's 50s rescue mission. But checking the walking animation triggers and stuff might be a start.

Last edited:
Back