Female animations change to male animations during/after missions

I'm sorry that we are not following your order of importance and I'm sorry that this bug is impacting your gameplay, but unfortunately this is the situation we find ourselves in and the only thing we can do is try to survive "Dude looks like a lady". I just find and fix bugs in my spare time, when they work into patches is out of my hands. I can't tell you what fixes will be included in what patches simply because I don't know. This information might be coming out in the near future though because we are working to try and improve our official information releases. More on that shortly, I'm sure.
Thanks for the info, Knobby! I appreciate your help. Even when some of us get a little... testy. ;)

Really nice to see how hard you guys work at this :) I really wish there would be a toggle for which walking animation you would like to use however. A bit like the good old Saints Row 2 times :3

First off, I'm going to assume that this was included in the upcoming fix, but just in case it's not, I'm posting this here.

I like watching "Let's Plays" on YouTube. I was watching this one, a co-op playthrough. One is playing a female character, and the other a male character. The interesting thing was when they finished "Back by Popular Demand," the female character changed to the male animations, as we've reported before. But, the male character changed to the female animations. Check it out in the video below.

Just in case my link doesn't work right, advance to 27:04 to see it.

Both of them didn't seem to notice it while playing.

There are lots of issues and everyone has different priorities for what is the most important thing to fix. We obviously would like to fix everything long before we even ship, but that simply doesn't happen. Just because it is a small code change doesn't mean it can't have large issues. The pipeline for patching is super long due to the fact that we make a console game and a PC port. The consoles take a LONG time to push paperwork and testing on both our side and Microsoft/Sony side for patches and that shows up on the PC side. We'd prefer it not to do that, but that is the nature of things. Internally we have pushed for and gotten approval for extra patches to SR4 specifically to fix bugs. These patches are not free as they cost developer time, QA time and for the consoles they cost just to submit. Things are getting better, but that doesn't mean that once we find something it is fixed and pushed out immediately. It is immediately fixed internally and put into the list of things that should be included in a patch. A patch you see come out today is something that has been in the works for a very long time and even with all of that we can still have patches that totally destroy something like weapon upgrades.

I'm sorry that we are not following your order of importance and I'm sorry that this bug is impacting your gameplay, but unfortunately this is the situation we find ourselves in and the only thing we can do is try to survive "Dude looks like a lady". I just find and fix bugs in my spare time, when they work into patches is out of my hands. I can't tell you what fixes will be included in what patches simply because I don't know. This information might be coming out in the near future though because we are working to try and improve our official information releases. More on that shortly, I'm sure.

I don't know if this issue has only been addressed on PC or if it has been sorted on consoles as well, but it does also exist on 360 and I want to make sure that it is bought to the devs attention also.

I have noticed the issue with the female animations before and usually a quick reload fixed it and the animations corrected themselves. But I have noticed that it happens as I start the second part of "The Girl Who Hates The 50's" and reloading doesn't help as every time I start the mission the animations go back to male.

Like I said I just want to make sure that this is also bought to the attention of the devs so it is fixed on all platforms.

I will most likely hold off continuing the story with my female character until the bug is patched as I would rather not play the last mission with my female character walking and moving like a dude.

I don't know if this issue has only been addressed on PC or if it has been sorted on consoles as well, but it does also exist on 360 and I want to make sure that it is bought to the devs attention also.

I have noticed the issue with the female animations before and usually a quick reload fixed it and the animations corrected themselves. But I have noticed that it happens as I start the second part of "The Girl Who Hates The 50's" and reloading doesn't help as every time I start the mission the animations go back to male.

Like I said I just want to make sure that this is also bought to the attention of the devs so it is fixed on all platforms.

I will most likely hold off continuing the story with my female character until the bug is patched as I would rather not play the last mission with my female character walking and moving like a dude.

Yes, most of the bugs are cross platform and the plan is to patch this along with a lot of other quality of life bugs on all platforms. Due to the cost of doing it on the consoles this patch is slow moving and shuffled with DLC patches. We are trying to work the PC patch sooner possibly even releasing multiple patches for bugs as we find and fix them, but for now everything is tied to the console patch release cycle. It doesn't help the console players too much, but patching in the PC world is easier and much cheaper, so maybe we can move faster there in the future.

Soo, I see that this is fixed in the patch notes (yay!) but it doesn't seem to be fixed for me when I play back by popular demand--the animation still reverts. Do I have to do anything special to make it apply to already saved games?

Soo, I see that this is fixed in the patch notes (yay!) but it doesn't seem to be fixed for me when I play back by popular demand--the animation still reverts. Do I have to do anything special to make it apply to already saved games?

started a new game and as soon as enter the plane its male animations still. It swaps to female animations when u enter the room with shaundi and veteran child, so its mostly fixed. not up to any of the other missions that were previously bugged but will report back if they still have problems too unless someone beats me to it :p

Glad you checked so I don't have to. I hope there's an easy fix to make it work consistently. I noticed that there's an alternate stand animation mod now—I wonder if you could just make a mod that changes the male stand and walk animations to the female ones so it wouldn't matter?

Someone tweeted that this issue has not been fixed in patch 5 for the following missions:
The Escape, Back By Popular Demand, From Asha With Love, Keymaster and Punch The Shark.

Can I get some feedback on this from anyone having this issue?

Back