Female animations change to male animations during/after missions

There's no need to "reproduce" anything. Just playing any of those missions stated in the OP leads to your female character ending up with male animations. It happened to me to, it happened to everyone.
It's not that big of a problem though!
Well, to some of us it's a problem. More of a matter of opinion there. ;)

But, yes, what Croco said. Play those missions as a female character and it happens. If you guys (Volition) still can't reproduce it, I can make a video of it happening. I saved before every story mission and backed up those saves to make new ones when I ran out of slots. Will take me a while to edit and post, though.

Same problem here and I'm not sure but I think it happens for most, if not all, main missions. I think the problem is that the player's character is flagged as male in order to play the unique mission animations and whatnot?

Well, to some of us it's a problem. More of a matter of opinion there. ;)

But, yes, what Croco said. Play those missions as a female character and it happens. If you guys (Volition) still can't reproduce it, I can make a video of it happening. I saved before every story mission and backed up those saves to make new ones when I ran out of slots. Will take me a while to edit and post, though.
It's not that big of a problem *compared to other uglier bugs out there*. This one you just reload your save and it's gone, there are other bugs though and are not gone upon reloading :p

Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, male animations during in mission cut scenes was a problem in SRTT as well. It was most noticeable if you had a character wearing heels as they'd be totally wrong. Facial animations don't seem quite right either.

Yeah i remember this happening and it also happens in a few cutscenes in sr4. The one i remember is the end cutscene for mission King of stillwater. my char had high heals but walked flat footed. Wounder if these are fixable aswel.

There's no need to "reproduce" anything. Just playing any of those missions stated in the OP leads to your female character ending up with male animations. It happened to me to, it happened to everyone.
There is a need to reproduce this internally if it has a chance of being fixed. I wouldn't ask if we could make it happen as simply as doing the mission.

Don't know if this has anything to do with it but I did use a female character that I downloaded from inauguration station, but I'm not sure this would trigger the bug.

We are having trouble reproducing this internally in order to fix it and verify the fix. Can you guys narrow it down or come up with a way to make it happen reliably?

If you play the missions Croco listed with a female character in high heels it should be immediately apparent when you see them walking in the cut scene. The other thing that happens for me that's an easy tell that the bug is going is that the character's hands will float into her body. For me, the easiest change to see is for "Back by Popular Demand." As your'e first walking up, the feet will be correct, but once the little montage backgounder finishes and you actually start walking into the building, they'll be all flat and weird. Then in the mission your animations are off. I made a video in fraps showing what's happening. I'm uploading it now and will PM you the file (or I can share here too if that'd be better.)

I can make it do this every single time. Just start the mission with a female character in heels to see all issues present.

Edit: I also used the inauguration station for my character, and used the creation station in SRTT when I had this issue.

Edit 2: Just tried switching race and voice on characters and to reset sliders to default and still have the issue.

Last edited:
Back