Billboard Texture Toolkit

I've hit an isuue with the toolkit, when I build using patch_srtt_billboards.bat, this occurs (see screenie)
im pretty sure I followed the readme by OP to a T; if im making a retarded mistake then sorry :)

system info in sig
image editor used: PAINT.NET 3.5.10

Attachments

• BTT.png
    BTT.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 976
That error indicates a missing subfolder. Did you extract toolkit with either 7zip or winrar? Certain other archival apps will not correctly extract empty subfolders. Nice wallpaper btw. I'm a huge Dragon Ball fan, myself. :)

I extracted with WinRAR, but after reading the post I extracted again and its working now, thanks :)

However my board still isn't working (I replaced "billboard_psshaundi_a_d.tga.DDS")

But the tool is working now thank you very much ill work out what im doing wrong soon :)

P.S: DBZ is fucking awesome! :D

Are you sure that the right zone is loaded? That Shaundi billboard actually changes over the course of the game where STAG writes graffiti on it. a_d is the original and only shows up in Steelport pre-STAG, and b_d is the post STAG version.

I decided to try replacing billboard_3count_b_d.tga.DDS in an attept to see if this was the issue; with the Shaundi sign still replaced; when I found the Shaundi sign trying to test the 3count sign my game dipped from 20 fps to 9 fps; the texture was blurred but the original seemed intact, and EVERYTHING lost thier player clips, even the ground xD o_O, I know im majorly F'ing something up i just dont know what lol

Attachments

• BTT2.jpg
    BTT2.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 990
  • BTT3.jpg
    BTT3.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 938
That is bizarre. Something must be terribly wrong with the dds file you've created. Attach it here to your post and I can take a look.

Ok mate ill do it tomorrow as I dont have access to my pc at the moment :)

EDIT: uploaded the DDS; dont have much access to my pc at the moment; but cheers for all your help IdolNinja; know that it hasnt gone unappreciated :)

Attachments

• billboard_psshaundi_a_d.tga.zip
    39.2 KB · Views: 823
Last edited:
regarding this in another of your billboard threads:

Enter the Dominatrix Billboards mod by IdolNinja
* There is one billboard named billboard_mbrawl_a_d.cvbm_pc that I absolutely could not find in the game files despite multiple indexed searches. I even combed through all 5 airport streaming files looking for any/all texture files that were close in size to 86kb (the standard billboard size) with no luck. This is obviously the Killbane walking apocalypse one you can see at the airport terminal. I am completely stumped on this one.

That elusive billboard is well hidden inside sr3_city_0\sr3_city_awld.str2_pc\sr3_city_awld.gpeg_pc

It is the only .gpeg_pc file in all of sr3_city_0 and sr3_city_1 pack files! The reasons it caught my eye is because I modded so many files in .gpeg_pc files, and its size. I knew there had to be interesting stuff in there!

Back