All New Character Customization

try to redownload the mod, and if doesn't happen everything than idk what is the issue:Sdo you use win 7 or 8? probably the problem is, that you need the run as administrator
found out what the problem was, thanks for the advice though.
the problem was the app i was using (i run on Win 8 btw), it would say it unpacked the files and when i checked it looked like they were unpacked, i mean, they were there and all that, just weren't registering as there it seems. tried an old faithful program and it worked fine, ran the BAT file and it made the file i needed perfectly fine.
sorry if i came across as a dick in asking, was just a little frustrated.

the program i used to get it working btw was WinRAR...great old program that one...

Greeting guys! That's an awesome skinpack JediDave You made, I like it a lot, but I have got an issue with it... After installing any of the files (doesn't matter if its only one face tattoo, or a whole skinpack), skin colours on my female characters are getting weird... I mean, the male skins are okay, but all of the female skin colours are getting gray... For example caucasian 1 is gray, and the fancy colors are mixed with gray. Do You have any idea how to fix it? Thanks in advance.

Greeting guys! That's an awesome skinpack JediDave You made, I like it a lot, but I have got an issue with it... After installing any of the files (doesn't matter if its only one face tattoo, or a whole skinpack), skin colours on my female characters are getting weird... I mean, the male skins are okay, but all of the female skin colours are getting gray... For example caucasian 1 is gray, and the fancy colors are mixed with gray. Do You have any idea how to fix it? Thanks in advance.

I've never actually come across this problem before, and in my time of developing this mod I must have run it over a thousand times during testing. Have you tried running it again or are you maybe using a mod that will conflict with it? First off try making another customize_player.vpp_pc file and take it from there.

I tried removing all the mods again and again, so I did with installing Your modpack. I'm gonna try re-installing the game and I hope this will help to fix the issue. I will post about it later.
By the way, this is how it looks like. Character's skin colour is caucasian 1.
grejh.jpg
@EDIT
Right You were' JediDave.
I've re-installed the game, and it worked. I don't really know, what was the problem, but doing it on the "fresh" game fixed that. Problem solved.

Last edited:
All this plus a lot more

View attachment 3272

Version release information – v1.1, v1.2, v1.3, v1.3.5

This mod was created because when I got the game, not only did I have less than half the customization of saints row 2, some of it my opinion did not match the quality of the rest of the game. This was probably to do with time constraints and the tattoos seemed to suffer the most. I have learned all I know from this site so I took it upon myself to at least give the players some more options for the textures. As well as the tattoos I have played with some other aspects as well.

All one hundred and ninety nine tattoos have been given new images. Drawing influence from as many tattoo sources I could find trying to give it the real feel, there's everything from old school to realism. Also the eye textures and some of the make-up have been played with. More recently scars and skins have been added to the list. Details can be found in the readme and the menu.

The mod itself comes in the form of a batch installer. I have based this on the work done by IdolNinja and have tried to keep a similar format. If you can use Gentlemen of Steelport the this should be no problem.

The mod has been tested at every stage of it's creation but we can't get things perfect first time. It all works as well as I can get it for the moment which is about 95 %, more than enough for a release.

Here are the Thanks.

Minimaul for hosting the website in the first place and the work you have done, like the recursive package extractor which was very handy.

IdolNinja for the work he's done with batch files and giving me his blessing to use it as a source of information to create this mod. And of course all the moderating and other work you do.

Gibbed for the tool set which most us would be stuck without.

Last but not least, Scanti for the texture utilities which I couldn't have done anything.

Thank you all, now here's the mod.

View attachment 2112 View attachment 3059View attachment 3169

This mod rocks. For real, man! I simply LOVE most of your custom tats (not all of them, but you can't please everybody, right?) and I've used them in my game for the longest time!
Sadly the mod doesn't work with the 'Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package' edition for some reason. I can only assume that they added some additional content to the player VPP build though I honestly can't tell what. I'm going to have to rebuild my own file importing your textures into The Full Package's player.vpp_pc manually.
Would you mind if I uploaded a basic BW and color build once I'm done? I don't know how many people even own The Full Package, but I sure want your awesome tats back in my game!

This mod rocks. For real, man! I simply LOVE most of your custom tats (not all of them, but you can't please everybody, right?) and I've used them in my game for the longest time!
Sadly the mod doesn't work with the 'Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package' edition for some reason. I can only assume that they added some additional content to the player VPP build though I honestly can't tell what. I'm going to have to rebuild my own file importing your textures into The Full Package's player.vpp_pc manually.
Would you mind if I uploaded a basic BW and color build once I'm done? I don't know how many people even own The Full Package, but I sure want your awesome tats back in my game!

Do you own the legal version of the game on Steam? I see you have your account linked, but have not setup your profile yet so we can't confirm. Please do so.

Yes I do. I'm new to Steam (not entirely, but I last used in 2003 or something for WoW) so please bear with me. I have to set up a profile in order to be confirmed? Meh, all right. Will do. :)

Edit: Set up a basic profile, will this do?

Last edited:
Yes I do. I'm new to Steam (not entirely, but I last used in 2003 or something for WoW) so please bear with me. I have to set up a profile in order to be confirmed? Meh, all right. Will do. :)

Thanks. The reason we ask that is any mod using asm files will not work correctly with pirated versions. It ends up being a huge waste of effort to even attempt to troubleshoot it otherwise.

This mod 100% works with every legal version of SRTT. There is nothing special about the full package at all, when compared to the base game. All the files are exactly the same. What has likely happened is that you installed another mod that uses the same asm file and it needs to be updated. I would suggest doing the following as a test:

* Navigate to your SRTT install folder with the game exe where you installed the mod, and delete all files (but leave all the subfolders.)

* Verify integrity. You can do this by right clicking SRTT in your Steam library, selecting Properties, clicking the LOCAL FILES tab, then clicking the VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE button. This will redownload ~100mb of data.

* Reinstall just this mod and test

It's entirely possible I messed up somehow when I moved my mods from my previous DLC-free version of SRTT to my new 'The Full Package' version. I *did* encounter some issues with mods, though, although I fail to see a reason since I'm not new to modding in general and I don't see how any of the files are different from previous releases. I'm going to give this another try tomorrow and report my findings. Thanks for your response!

Back