Working Elevators mod - Back To Syndicate Tower

EDIT: The version number is fixed (see post #1), but since the code was already out there I had to bump the package version to 1.1.1 (code version is just 1.1). I know it's a bit confusing, but my rule is that I have to bump that third decimal sequence whenever I make a change to the contents of the package even if the code itself doesn't change. :confused:
It looks like I'm not the only one who wants to keep things clean. :p

Now if I can only find a way to open that damn garage door in Syndicate Tower like it was in "The Belgian Problem" mission, I would make those elevators work too. I know Sandbox+ lets us warp in there, which is awesome, but I want it to be more realistic like it was in the mission before I fix those elevators. I fear the door is hardcoded and not something I can open in Lua or in an .xtbl file, but if anyone knows how to do it, I'd be eternally grateful for the info! These unopenable doors (that were opened in missions) annoy me as much as the non-functioning elevators in Saints Row the Third!

It also would be cool to be able to enter the Steelport Arena from the outside and the Thermopylae (STAG aircraft carrier) before it's destroyed.

Note to Coop players: Like Sandbox+, if you join somebody else's coop game, the elevators will not work. This is because the "sr3_city.lua" script does not run if you are not the host. However, if somebody joins YOUR coop game (if you are the host), the elevators will work for you (only). I may add the ability for coop players to follow you through the elevator if I can figure out how to test it. But, again, it will only work if you are the host, and they will not be able to use the elevators on their own.

Last edited:
Note to Coop players: Like Sandbox+, if you join somebody else's coop game, the elevators will not work. This is because the "sr3_city.lua" script does not run if you are not the host. However, if somebody joins YOUR coop game (if you are the host), the elevators will work for you (only). I may add the ability for coop players to follow you through the elevator if I can figure out how to test it. But, again, it will only work if you are the host, and they will not be able to use the elevators on their own.

You can use sandbox+ as an example how to teleport the client to the host.

You can use sandbox+ as an example how to teleport the client to the host.
Thanks, IdolNinja. I actually have some code that does exactly that, using your examples in Sandbox+, but I haven't had an opportunity to test it yet. I noticed that you call "teleport_to_object()" with the exact same coordinates for both LOCAL_PLAYER and REMOTE_PLAYER. I was worried that if both players materialize at the exact same coordinates, somehow their digital molecules will combine and there will be an enormous antimatter explosion and the whole world will be destroyed ... eh, which isn't supposed to happen until Saints Row IV. :p

Are there any bad side effects to transporting both players to the exact same coordinates, or does the game automatically find a nearby safe space for the remote player?

does the game automatically find a nearby safe space for the remote player?

Yep. You can even teleport halfway into the ground and it would pop the object back up to the surface. No need to worry.

Yep. You can even teleport halfway into the ground and it would pop the object back up to the surface. No need to worry.
Oh, awesome! I've been being so careful to get the Z coordinate just slightly above the ground, so it's great to know I don't have to worry about that either. Thanks so much, IdolNinja! :D

I don't know anyone who can join my coop games, so if anyone would like to help me test coop mode, I can put my updated "sr3_city.lua" file here. It's the Sandbox+ add-on version, and you must enable coop mode in Sandbox+ in the standard way by pressing 8 + PGDOWN. Once coop mode is enabled, the coop player will be teleported with you if they're in the elevator when you press the USE button.

I have tested this with up to 3 homies, and they are teleported with me, but occasionally they end up embedded in the wall after the teleport. The game eventually recovers and gets them out of the wall, but I'm not sure if the same could happen with a coop player. That's why I don't want to add this to the official release until it's well tested. Thanks!

Back