SRIV SDK Release B: Creating new weapon tutorial

Discussion in 'Steam Workshop' started by Henry08, Apr 18, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Send me file, that can be two different problems to cause it

2. Here it is

Attached Files:

3. 20181227061014_1.jpg 1) Few of yours tags have frozen transform, if tag has no xyz offset then game will think your tag should be lay in zero coordinate
    To fix it
    Place tags which have zero transform to center of the coordinate(with snap grid) freeze transform and place where they should be
    Right offset
    upload_2018-12-27_5-15-49.png
    Wrong frozen offset
    upload_2018-12-27_5-4-43.png
    To place attach tag right you should type something like this
    {18BEB41D-63E4-40A7-82E5-8A3E2B8BF5F2}.png.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
  4. david150

david150 Pirate

asi query but can you help me with a weapon install?

5. Weapon install?

6. I never had the chance to test my weapon mods on coop until now, and I have a question...

Played with a friend, we have installed the same mod but for some reason one cant see the weapons from the other. In a mission, the game crashes when someone uses them.

Is this because i didnt made a lower res texture for each weapon or is it something else?

7. I wish I had some info about how coop works in SR4. I guess mods will be loaded as DLC content for both players but with some attribute, which prevents using for non-owner. Also, I guess absent of low-res textures isn't a big problem, a bigger problem is unfixed instability after realising workshop patch. To find out where the problem is you need to test few mod weapons in a coop on a fresh game without other mods.

8. flow754

flow754 Modding patch tester

In case you're still wondering, this is definitely one reason. The lower res textures of weapons are used for all instances of the model that aren't parented to the local player character's rig, meaning all instances of the weapon that are lying on the ground or that are wielded by an NPC/remote player. The idea here is to save graphics memory since there're potentially many different weapons loaded at any given time, but more often than not NPCs/remote players will not be covering a whole lot of screen space, so you get away with only loading high res textures for the one weapon that the player is currently holding. Since there is no low res texture for your modded weapon, the game doesn't know what to display and instead doesn't display anything. I'd assume that there're also other cases where the game expects low res textures and will resort to undefined behaviour if they're not present, possibly even resulting in a crash, so it's best to always include them.

Last edited: May 15, 2019 at 7:17 PM
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice