SRIV SDK Release B: Creating new weapon tutorial

You think too much, we don't have possibility to create new animation in SR4, that is only text work in anim_default.xtbl where you prescribe what the name of existed animation should play when you aiming, running, etc.
So the animations could be set to a dummy animation or something like that?
Seems to be 8 animations i guess.One for equip weapon one for firering the gun and four ones to move forward/backward left/right and two ones for up/down ?

So the animations could be set to a dummy animation or something like that?
Seems to be 8 animations i guess.One for equip weapon one for firering the gun and four ones to move forward/backward left/right and two ones for up/down ?
Yeah animation pack for the character when he equip weapon sets in weapon_costumes.xtbl in <Animation_Group> tag, you can copy any weapon and set here your animation set if possible, or edit existed, many of them from previous game and doesn't use like KB_gloves. All animation names are in the anim_actions.xtbl I guess

Yeah animation pack for the character when he equip weapon sets in weapon_costumes.xtbl in <Animation_Group> tag, you can copy any weapon and set here your animation set if possible, or edit existed, many of them from previous game and doesn't use like KB_gloves. All animation names are in the anim_actions.xtbl I guess
Ok.Tank's for that useful information i'll take a look at this files then.

Tutorial was updated, added how to create firearm with clip
20180426064332_1.jpg

Hi, i got a problem here. Kinda added a weapon(don't mind textures), but whenever I attack, that kinda thing happens with her hand :confused: I'm new at this, so yeah...
Y0veTCy.jpg
n10zupX.jpg

Hi, i got a problem here. Kinda added a weapon(don't mind textures), but whenever I attack, that kinda thing happens with her hand :confused: I'm new at this, so yeah...
Y0veTCy.jpg
n10zupX.jpg
Saints row engine use some inverse kinematic to adjust animation by hand position on the weapon. This position is controlled by some objects in 3d editor, tags in maya, helpers in 3dmax etc. I guess your model doesn't have any tags so hand will be always in zero position or tags were placed wrong. Show me your fbx file

Saints row engine use some inverse kinematic to adjust animation by hand position on the weapon. This position is controlled by some objects in 3d editor, tags in maya, helpers in 3dmax etc. I guess your model doesn't have any tags so hand will be always in zero position or tags were placed wrong. Show me your fbx file
Here.

Attachments

• melee_mallet.zip
    13.2 KB · Views: 265
upload_2018-8-30_15-59-13.png
upload_2018-8-30_16-1-50.png

1) Your weapon is far from zero coordinate it's no good

2) Your root_bone has scale 0.393 it's a bad, you should scale bone root to 2.54 and only before export
upload_2018-8-30_16-20-57.png

3) Your weapon has tag_secondary_handle it sometimes doesn't work right for the melee, delete it

upload_2018-8-30_16-52-45.png

How to fix it

First select bone_root and scale it to 1.0
upload_2018-8-30_16-23-14.png

selected hammer and unbind skin
upload_2018-8-30_16-12-33.png

then unlock all attributes
upload_2018-8-30_16-14-47.png

set scale to 1.0
upload_2018-8-30_17-4-27.png

And freeze transform
upload_2018-8-30_16-15-40.png

Select mesh first, then add bone_root to selection and bind skin
upload_2018-8-30_16-24-46.png

Place tags where they should be and delete tag_secondary_handle
upload_2018-8-30_16-26-38.png

Set bone_root scale to 2.54 and export to fbx

upload_2018-8-30_16-28-2.png

Scale root _bones is only affecting tags so when 2.54 only compensating some engine flaw

20180830165946_1.jpg

Attachments

• tutor_melee_hr.zip
    14 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:
Back