Another small update. V0.1.2 Beta includes Voit-Shao fixes to English strings. I also removed Test Costume because I realised that it's useless.

Also, after I'll tidy OP I'll start to mess with animations but I don't promise anything... :)

Last edited:
Seems like special knife attacks from first mission are a part of combat animations. I put a line that enables these animations in sr3_city.lua and knife icon showed while I was close to someone. :D
D82C06AE0B8EB7BCD202F8B7AFF34A8394047E4A

Now only thing is - how to preload these combat animations? I tried to copy .anim files from first mission to preload_anim.vpp_pc but after I packed .vpp_pc file and tried to test it - game crashed. :confused:

Seems like special knife attacks from first mission are a part of combat animations. I put a line that enables these animations in sr3_city.lua and knife icon showed while I was close to someone. :D
D82C06AE0B8EB7BCD202F8B7AFF34A8394047E4A

Now only thing is - how to preload these combat animations? I tried to copy .anim files from first mission to preload_anim.vpp_pc but after I packed .vpp_pc file and tried to test it - game crashed. :confused:

You might need to make a new xtbl file to refrence each anim file, as the weapon refrences the xtbl and the xtbl refrences to the anim files from preload, thats how it seems to work as far as I can tell any way could be rong hope this helps in some kind of way :D

I'm not sure if game will load completely new .xtbl file. Also, I have to preload these animations first. If I won't do it, anything won't help. But, like I said, game is always crashing while I'm trying to do it. :confused:

Repacking preload archives will crash the games unless you add the condensed parameter when packing. Example:
ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.BuildPackfile.exe sriv preload_anim preload_anim.vpp_pc /condensed:true

Repacking preload archives will crash the games unless you add the condensed parameter when packing. Example:
ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.BuildPackfile.exe sriv preload_anim preload_anim.vpp_pc /condensed:true
Thanks, I'll try it out. :D

I tried to do like you said but again - game crashed. What's the most weird, I removed these animations, repacked a file and game worked as normal. That means there's some problem with preloading these specific animations... :confused:

Here's animations that I tried to preload:
  • m00_plym_qck_kill_bck.anim_pc
  • m00_plym_qck_kill_bck_ca.anim_pc
  • m00_plym_qck_kill_bck_cb.anim_pc
  • m00_plym_qck_kill_frnt.anim_pc
  • m00_plym_qck_kill_frnt_ca.anim_pc
  • m00_plym_qck_kill_frnt_cb.anim_pc
I also tried to preload all m00 combat animations, the same result.

Did you extract those original vpp archives with the anim files in them with the latest tools? It would cause a problem if they were extracted with a previous version.

Did you extract those original vpp archives with the anim files in them with the latest tools? It would cause a problem if they were extracted with a previous version.
I'm using rev22. Hm... maybe it's because I used GUI extractor instead of commandline? :confused:

Back