Saints Row The Third Modding Basics

Or to get into character...
'Ya scurvy dog - you be sailin the YAAR version! There be a 'banned' of storm clouds a brewin' off yer starboard!

i need help putting this on the ps3

If you had bothered to read the forum rules when signing up then you would know that you will get no help here.

Forum Rules said:
No console modding - All mods and discussion on this site are only for the PC version of SRTT and not the console version. Discussing the console version itself is allowed but not modding it in any way.

Hi - I see how the files extract; I did a test and created a folder of them. How does one get to the player skin and eyes. I'd like to mod these to be more and then share here. Thank you.

Hi - I see how the files extract; I did a test and created a folder of them. How does one get to the player skin and eyes. I'd like to mod these to be more and then share here. Thank you.

The player's skin and eyes are (I think) all in one texture; Default female diffuse.str2_pc (or Default male diffuse.str2_pc) will have its own f_ideal_d.cvbm_pc (or m_ideal_d.cvbm_pc, respectively) file that should contain just 1 texture; the diffuse map ("texture").

All that (and a bunch of other stuff) is in customize_player.vpp_pc.

Just unpack the .vpp_pc with gibbed's tools, then again with the resulting .str2_pc files, then use scanti's SR3 Texture Utilities for the .cvbm_pc and .cpeg_pc files to get your .dds files to open with Photoshop or GIMP.

Hi. I am a beginner modder and my question is what do you do to actually activate/start the mods? And how do you use the files/mods that are Xtbl files: such as the wardrobe clothing color changer mod, How/where might I put that?

I sound like I'm a noob, I'm used to it. Thanks!

Back