Saints Row The Third Modding Basics

Doesn't work.So my file is a_tm_dt_01_modal.str2_pc I unpack it and edit what's inside the folder and then pack it.Then I open notepad and type
Gibbed.SaintsRow3.UpdateASM stream_grid.asm_pc .

Note:The edited a_tm_dt_01_modal.str2_pc is in the same folder as stream_grid.asm_pc (In bin_sr3,where the tools are located at)

Then I save it as a batch,then open it and then I move the stream_grid.asm_pc and a_tm_dt_01_modal.str2_pc to main SRTT folder.After opening the game and try to enter the activity,game goes crazy and eventually crashes.
What am I doing wrong?

The ASM Converter doesn't work too,I just open notepad and type
Gibbed.SaintsRow3.ConvertASM stream_grid.asm_pc
to see if a_tm_dt_01_modal.str2_pc is related to stream_grid.asm_pc but nothing happens.
I managed with the ASM converter...a_tm_dt_01_modal.str2_pc is related to stream_grid.asm_pc.

Now I managed to find out how to update the ASM but the batch file gives me an error:

Gibbed.SaintsRow3.UpdateASM stream_grid.asm_pc .
=> '_a_tm_dt_01_modal'
==> '_a_tm_dt_01.xtbl'
Error: unsupported primitive type 34 ('Activity table file')

Those => '_a_tm_dt_01_modal' ==> '_a_tm_dt_01.xtbl' are located in a_tm_dt_01_modal.str2_pc so I think that's good if the batch file showed them to me but what's wrong with that error at the end?

Hi im very new to modding. I try to find Saint Row The Third inside my steam files for modding but i cant find any ( \steam\steamapps\common\saints row the third\packfiles\pc\cache\ ) <--- i dont have this in my Steam files. Can anyone assist me in Modding Saint Row the third. i did read the instruction many times and still i cant figure out how to. By the way, this is my first time mod. i tried to mod Skyrim and Jagged Alliance too but anything that uses Steam i failed to find the files. Can anybody help me to solve this issue? Thank you.

Hi im very new to modding. I try to find Saint Row The Third inside my steam files for modding but i cant find any ( \steam\steamapps\common\saints row the third\packfiles\pc\cache\ ) <--- i dont have this in my Steam files. Can anyone assist me in Modding Saint Row the third. i did read the instruction many times and still i cant figure out how to. By the way, this is my first time mod. i tried to mod Skyrim and Jagged Alliance too but anything that uses Steam i failed to find the files. Can anybody help me to solve this issue? Thank you.

How could you play the game then?The whole game files are there in pc\cache\.

Those files are going to be wherever you actually installed Steam. By default the path is:
c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\saints row the third\packfiles\pc\cache\

If you still can't find Steam then right click on the Steam icon on your desktop and select properties. The Target field will show you exactly where it's installed.

Actually, obvious question.. do you have the steam version of the game (installed under steam) or another version installed to a different separate directory?

I though I was pretty computer literate, but this is just mind boggling to me:(

Thanks for all the info. Im going to read this as many time as it takes and try to mod some things....

I though I was pretty computer literate, but this is just mind boggling to me:(

Thanks for all the info. Im going to read this as many time as it takes and try to mod some things....

It's not so bad once you get the hang of it. Feel free to ask questions. A lot of us are more than happy to lend a hand. :)

hey, i got a problem.
i'm not using str3 throught steam and so mods dont work for me..
is there another way?

Back