Saints Row The Third Modding Basics

Hi there, i have finally managed to get into the files but i dont know how to open CLMESH_PC files and GLMESH_PC files, they dont open in GIMP, is there further extraction i need to do? If so, how?

thanks

Those are models and not textures. We don't have any tools to work with meshes yet. You probably are looking for the peg_pc and g_peg_pc files which you'll need to extract with the texture tools:
http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/index.php?threads/sr3-texture-utilities.566/

I've never had so many issues trying to mod a game...(Takes yet another long stressful drag out of his cigarette)
I can't seem to open any of the updater applications. They open real quick and then close real quick. Or I'll get a vhost32.exe has stopped working error. Any ideas?
I've tried all the troubleshooting suggestions to no avail.
Thanks ahead of time.

I can't seem to open any of the updater applications. They open real quick and then close real quick. Or I'll get a vhost32.exe has stopped working error. Any ideas?

That's because they are command line tools and not applications that you double click to run. Post the code from your batch file that you created and we can take a look. Also, did you make sure to add a pause at the end so that it doesn't close?

I want to create a mod with the sport cars of SR:TT. When I drag vehicles.vpp_pc to Gibbed.SaintsRow3.UnpackVPP.exe the folder created creates STR2_PC files. The creation should be XTBL.
How can I fix this?

Euh just to be sure, what you mean is - regarding the xtbl files - once you've unpacked for example misc_tables, you copy the XTBL file you want to change and then paste it to your SRTT install folder, and then you mod it - right?

Euh just to be sure, what you mean is - regarding the xtbl files - once you've unpacked for example misc_tables, you copy the XTBL file you want to change and then paste it to your SRTT install folder, and then you mod it - right?

Exactly.

Someone please explain "3. Repack the str2_pc file and update the asm_pc file that relates to it."
I unpacked and edited my str2_pc file then packed it...now I don't know what to do...I don't even understand that piece of code that should be in my batch file.I know how to create a batch file but I don't know what to type inside it to update the ASM.

Someone please explain "3. Repack the str2_pc file and update the asm_pc file that relates to it."
I unpacked and edited my str2_pc file then packed it...now I don't know what to do...I don't even understand that piece of code that should be in my batch file.I know how to create a batch file but I don't know what to type inside it to update the ASM.

REM param 1 is the asm - param 2 is the folder with the str2 files. . means current folder
Gibbed.SaintsRow3.UpdateASM.exe vint_doc_containers.asm_pc .

The remarks tells you exactly what each parameter is. Here is each part of the command broken down:
Gibbed.SaintsRow3.UpdateASM.exe <- executable
vint_doc_containers.asm_pc <- the asm file to update. Since there is no path specified it would be in the same folder with the updateasm.exe
. <- the . means look in the current folder for the changed str2_pc files. You can also type out a path to them if you want to have them elsewhere.

REM param 1 is the asm - param 2 is the folder with the str2 files. . means current folder
Gibbed.SaintsRow3.UpdateASM.exe vint_doc_containers.asm_pc .

The remarks tells you exactly what each parameter is. Here is each part of the command broken down:
Gibbed.SaintsRow3.UpdateASM.exe <- executable
vint_doc_containers.asm_pc <- the asm file to update. Since there is no path specified it would be in the same folder with the updateasm.exe
. <- the . means look in the current folder for the changed str2_pc files. You can also type out a path to them if you want to have them elsewhere.

Doesn't work.So my file is a_tm_dt_01_modal.str2_pc I unpack it and edit what's inside the folder and then pack it.Then I open notepad and type
Gibbed.SaintsRow3.UpdateASM stream_grid.asm_pc .

Note:The edited a_tm_dt_01_modal.str2_pc is in the same folder as stream_grid.asm_pc (In bin_sr3,where the tools are located at)

Then I save it as a batch,then open it and then I move the stream_grid.asm_pc and a_tm_dt_01_modal.str2_pc to main SRTT folder.After opening the game and try to enter the activity,game goes crazy and eventually crashes.
What am I doing wrong?

The ASM Converter doesn't work too,I just open notepad and type
Gibbed.SaintsRow3.ConvertASM stream_grid.asm_pc
to see if a_tm_dt_01_modal.str2_pc is related to stream_grid.asm_pc but nothing happens.
I managed with the ASM converter...a_tm_dt_01_modal.str2_pc is related to stream_grid.asm_pc.

Now I managed to find out how to update the ASM but the batch file gives me an error:

Gibbed.SaintsRow3.UpdateASM stream_grid.asm_pc .
=> '_a_tm_dt_01_modal'
==> '_a_tm_dt_01.xtbl'
Error: unsupported primitive type 34 ('Activity table file')

Back