Saints Row 5 Ideas thread

I've been thinking how Volition could handle gameplay after introducing the superpowers in 4. I thought of a good way to do so. The main game can go back to normal SR gameplay, but there could be an optional minigame similar to Zombie Uprising where you play as a superhero. Once you beat the campaign and the minigame, the superpowers are unlocked for the open world and you can freely toggle them on and off. That way, weapons and vehicles aren't made useless by the powers like they were in SR4. Or hell, just make them available whenever you beat the minigame, so if the player wants to steamroll the campaign with superpowers, let them!

Beyond that, as I posted earlier, their primary focus with the next game should be to make the open world enjoyable. Fans can go back and forth about the tone of the story and characters, but at the end of the day, the open world is the most important part of an open-world game, so it needs to feel nice and alive with plenty of things to do, varied places to visit, secrets to find, and maybe even some wildlife to kill (been playing some Far Cry 3! :D).

Last edited:
Well these are good ideas,but a a little SPOILER : (don't read beyond this point if you want everything to be a mystery)
Earth got kinda blown up in SR 4
(Watchoutspoilershere) , What happens if i tell you , earth didn't blown up , and all those stuff just was like a movie like happened in saints row the third? o_O

Instead of just a user created Character sharing feature what about they give to us Easy-to-Use tools to create and share your own weapon skins, clothing decals/logos, custom cars (so we will need a APB:reloaded-styled car customization
that´s my N#1 Dream for SR series), customized city, custom gangs, custom saints gang members, those features will make saints row the worlds second or first favorite Open-world game (info: open world games are a illusion, they´re just a big city based Level with NPC´s and Cars wandering around and a lot of Stores to enter)

I hope they will continue with our Boss and Co.
I know probably a new protagonist will be customizable just like our Boss, but I like the Boss also as character, not only as avatar.

I don't want any remake. References are fine, remakes would be disappointing. I may accept an updated version of Rs1 because I hadn't occasion to play it, but I don't want a remake of anything. But I don't want a new saints gang either.

More character development.
I see the romance thing a bit out of place, not that I haven't appreciated, but in previous games, since the Boss can be either male or female, they made him not very sexually active, so seeing him asking for sex (and being awkward) to his friend seems a bit out of place. especially seeing that most of the time his friend make the first move. Just because the game is 18+, doesn't mean that the protagonist must be a sex-machine.

I also wish the Boss will be able to do more things when free-roaming (drinking, eating, sleeping, swimming underwater etc...)

Back