I'd like a return of each game's main themes. Also, a way to explore Old Stilwater beyond the area we see in SR2, possibly before the earthquake via the Zin time machine.
Or better yet, waking up sometime after the events of SR2 and realizing that they just got really high the night before off of something new that Shaundi had them try.
Adding to this thread, I had some ideas a few years ago about a Saints Row 5, which I guess now would be more of a rebooted Saints Row since it would definitely go back on the whole superpowers and Earth getting blown up. My idea was to bring the game back to Stilwater, but expanding on it yet again. It makes sense, because it'll have been a long time since the events of SR2 and cities can change. If the city managed to change as much as it did in the several years between SR1 and SR2, then it could change again in a decade or more.
- Include the original map as we saw it in SR2, but expand it to west of the University district. Include a bit of countryside like a forest or some fields, and then another small city or a couple of small towns.
- An amusement park or theme park somewhere in this new landmass based on all of the gangs we've seen in the series. They could call it "Gangland."
- Shivington and Sunnyvale Gardens would be completely made over like how Ultor planned to in SR2. Skyscrapers and high end businesses replacing the old projects
- The Red Light District should now be called something else (maybe LeSalle, its beta name according to road signs in SR1) and made into a hipster area, parodying gentrification even further.
- The areas to the far south end of the city, such as the Barrio district and docks, would be the new poverty-stricken and run-down areas.
- Bring back being able to ride the train, and include a new underground subway system.
Of course, if they decided to go to a brand new city, I think a city based somewhere on the southern coast would be pretty cool. Stilwater was supposed to be an amaglamation of various Midwest cities, Steelport was the rust belt, maybe this southern city could be some sort of cross between Miami, Tampa, New Orleans, Houston, etc.
Also, bring back talk radio if it's anything like The Mike & David Show from SR1. Better yet, just bring back Mike & David. SR1's parody of the right wing talk radio format has aged surprisingly well 13 years later, and a satirical take on today's politics and current events would be welcome listening and would add to the variety of radio stations beyond just music.
If volition makes a sr to compete with gta nowadays... GTA will be kicked like no tomorrow.My idea: Start competing with GTA again.
Most what I read is basically "Make it like Saints Row 2, but with updated controls and graphics and more of what made that game awesome." More haircuts, body options, different cars, weapons, (layered) clothing options, crib customisations, stores, character animations, fighting styles and more cutscenes, and then some.
I would love te see SR5 compete with GTA again. Make the story a bit more grounded, make the world more gritty and a little less sleazy (dont have strippers just walk outside just to have more different types of pedestrians and such.) SR2 was in my opinion the only game that kicked GTA (4) 's ass. Everything was more fun.
What I would love to see in parody of GTA (v) is the addition of sports, but more extreme. Play tennis with a timed bomb-ball. Play golf with a grenade. Play darts on each other. And for the love of god, bring back Fight Club as it was in SR2.
More activities, with each their own starting cutscene and story. It was so much fun to start a new activity. More racing, maybe Burnout City style. Be an escort again if you want and add more like being a stripper as activities.
And more styles of censorbars. Would be funny to have a black bar as censorbar. Or none at all. Cyberpunk style. And please bring back Laura Bailey.