• Maybe

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • I dont care

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A hillbilly/redneck themed gang could be based in a trailer park like we had in Stilwater or they could be looking to expand into the city and don't really understand how crime works in a city and fall due do handling their operations like they did in the county. Similar to how the Ronin fell because Kazou Akuji failed to adapt to the American underworld.

Interestingly enough if you look at the plaque in the interior of the Courthouse in SR2 you'll notice it says "Stilwater County". Which means the foundation for more varied environments is already there it just depends on whether or not Volition remembers that tiny detail and capitalizes on it

Well I think it would be really cool to have rival cities with very different gangs, and it would be nice to see a landscape of some sort. hell, the game could take place between two countries like Red Dead Redemption. :D:D

but the map should definitely be a majority urban+suburban with distinct (but not outrageously different) zones unlike sr4

Last edited:
Well I think it would be really cool to have rival cities with very different gangs, and it would be nice to see a landscape of some sort. hell, the game could take place between two countries like Red Dead Redemption. :D:D

but the map should definitely be a majority urban+suburban with distinct (but not outrageously different) zones unlike sr4

Don't get me wrong, it sounds fun, but we gotta know that Volition likes to put a lot of detail in their cities, so maybe when a couple more consoles come out we can have an SR game that's super detailed and will be able to support multiple cities on a console.

Don't get me wrong, it sounds fun, but we gotta know that Volition likes to put a lot of detail in their cities, so maybe when a couple more consoles come out we can have an SR game that's super detailed and will be able to support multiple cities on a console.

That isn't exactly the case since GTA San Andreas, GTA 5 the Just Cause Series, and Mercenaries 2 allowed you to travel between different cities across the map. However I would imagine the Rockstar and the Late-Pandemic are\were far bigger studios than Volition.

Overall it's less a matter of console power and more a matter of funding, management and time. I mean SR3's Steelport was supposed to have a fifth borough and just as much detail as Stilwater before THQ forced the game out early in development for that lucrative holiday rush. As for Movie Reference 4 that game was supposed to be a completely different beast all together. (No superpowers, starts off only a few months after SR3, three gangs instead a a single army of aliens, a new city etc)

A thing that SR5 should do for the story is that you know the happy ending of SR4, right? Well, it turns out that the Saints have traveled to an alternate universe where the Saints have had their reputation damaged by moral guardians. Shaundi is immoral, dubstep ain't cool and the Saints are seen as offensive so now you gotta fight with your parallel self to restore the reputation of the Saints and end the politically correct madness by doing some crazy-ass shit, this would not only be a great direction for the series but could also reintroduce absent characters and previously-dead characters in new ways, like with Killbane controlling the media for example and Dex having never betrayed the Saints (instead the Alternate Earth Pierce betrayed the Saints).

I've recently watched the Volition live stream mentioned earlier on where the saints row part four was shown, this idea looked cool and i think it should be saints row 5, I was thinking how this could be done with the story drifting off into time travel and going into hell and instead of just forgetting about those games or saying it was all a dream, following the events of the gangstas in space ending of SRTT the saints become such big pop culture icons that as well as having a movie they also have 2 games SR GOOH and SR IV, so Johnny Gat is still dead and the earth is still in tact, after showing that these were games within the game the original idea for saints row 4 would play out, the idea is not the SR1/2 type game we all want but i think its the best we can get from here.

If there's anything volition should do with their next game, it's TAKE THEIR TIME.

before THQ forced the game out early in development for that lucrative holiday rush.
It's not that I don't want another asap, but in the six years between the two most recent (GTA) games, Volition released THREE saints row games and two red faction games. all i'm saying is there is obviously some correlation between development time and quality.

and before anyone says anything I was using gta as an example i'm sure there are better examples

And when i say take their time I mean compared to their other releases. You can never have too many delays.

Last edited:
if there's anything volition should do with their next game, it's TAKE THEIR TIME.
Every developer needs to do that.

Volition should have taken their time with Red Faction II and people wouldn't have hated it so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back