Custom Radio Stations Guide

It's a roughly 20 step, complex process explained clearly in text and screenshots; i don't think a video's going to make it much easier. You're welcome to try, i guess. Just don't go into it expecting to wind up with a video that makes it all look quick and easy.

Yeah this is to much for me right now just to add music. Plus I have hundreds of songs I like to go through. Having to convert them all to WAVs is to much in itself. Then I figure I can only listen in the car. So I just play them in VLC Player and adjust the player levels and game audio levels to where I can listen all throughout the game and still hear the effects and voices in the game. Works good so far. Tried VLC "hotkeyes" but they only work when the player is "selected" on the computer screen not when the game is playing.

Thanks

Yeah this is to much for me right now just to add music. Plus I have hundreds of songs I like to go through. Having to convert them all to WAVs is to much in itself. Then I figure I can only listen in the car. So I just play them in VLC Player and adjust the player levels and game audio levels to where I can listen all throughout the game and still hear the effects and voices in the game. Works good so far. Tried VLC "hotkeyes" but they only work when the player is "selected" on the computer screen not when the game is playing.

Thanks
We are working on a better tool to try to automate a lot of this process :)

You do great work, but man those idiots who made an otherwise good game are stupid. It would have been so simple for them to play the content of a folder, even if they just want the sound files to be in wav files. Heavy eye roll at them.

hey great work man, I have one problem though. When I go to do the packer, it does nothing I just get the error message about not being able to open a file for reading. I have looked and tried each of the steps that I have seen here from those that had similar problems but nothing is working, if you need me to upload anything I'll gladly do it

Could someone clarify step 14? "fire up your command line again and run bnk_pc_packer to pack up your new radio station .bnk_pc file. the bnk_pc_packer program works like this:" ...makes no sense, you never said to fire up any command line previosly...If I try to open that bnk_pc_packer.exe it does nothing. Can you explain this step in more detail, it's confusing to someone that hasn't done this before.

First problem I see from that picture is that your 2 paths are not in quotes. You need to enclose paths in quotes any time there are spaces in the file or folder names. Your screenshot is difficult to read at such a low resolution, but something like this:
Code:
gibbed.saintsrow3.packvpp "c:\users\snow\desktop\new folder (2)\soundboot.vpp_pc" "c:\Program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\saints row the third\packfiles\pc\cache\"

It works the same way as step 3. Follow the example given in the CODE block, using the filenames you're working with.
I don't think you can drag and drop to pack, only extract. I use a batch file and here's what mine looks like using k12 as an example:
Code:
bnk_pc_packer radio_k12_media.txt radio_k12_media.bnk_pc
pause
basically, <exe> <metadata txt file> <output filename>

Don't forget that you also need to rename any changed tracks inside the metadata text file before repacking with their new names.​

Still don't understand, how do you use a batch file?I have the bnk_pc_packer.exe, radio_kabron_media.bnk_pc & radio_kabron_media.txt in one folder along with all the songs I converted from Wwise, edited the metadata...what exactly do I do next, what is this batch file process?

We are working on a better tool to try to automate a lot of this process :)
I hope you guys are able to make something like that happen soon. It would be a wonderful addition to this game.
By the way the rap songs in SR3 are truly some of the worst I've heard. I have no idea what they were thinking. They might as well have added Lil Wayne and Soulja Boy in the soundtrack.

Back