Custom Radio Stations Guide

I'm kind of stuck on step 14.
"Okay we're getting near the end! Find the metadata file you created with bnk_pc_extractor and open it up. Scroll down to the files you want to replace and change the filenames after the number to the ones you want to replace. For example, if you're replacing radio_swim_media_00005.wav, "00005: radio_swim_media_00005.wav" would change to "00005: mysong.wav". DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING ELSE! Then fire up your command line again and run bnk_pc_packer to pack up your new radio station .bnk_pc file. the bnk_pc_packer program works like this:"

Can somebody be more specific what this "command line" is? I am up to the point where I am dragging and dropping my metafile onto the packer, and nothing appears to happen. It flashes in the corner of the screen, and that is it.

Some help would be appreciated!

Here's an example batch file that I created to repack the genx bank:
Code:
bnk_pc_packer radio_genx_media.txt radio_genx_media.bnk_pc
pause

the 3 parts of the command are 1) the packer executable, 2) the txt file you changed with your new file names, and 3) the output modified bank name with your new songs in it. i.e. the original bank name.

I throw the pause in at the end so I can confirm that it did what it was supposed to. Otherwise the command prompt will just close automatically.

Thanks for the replies!

I was able to get the packer to work thanks to your batch code IdolNinja.

Unfortunately, I seem to have encountered a new issue. The packer only generates one file, the "_media.bnk_pc" one, it does not generate a "_media.mbnk_pc" file.

To go along with that, my _media.bnk_pc file is only 2kbs in size, which Toad King said meant that something went wrong, but didn't specify what that something could be.

Are you certain that all your files created from wwise are in the same folder with the exe before running the batch file? Are you sure that the filenames are correct in the edited metadata text file with your new filenames from wwise, and that the metadata file is in the same folder with the exe? Are you sure that you're using the latest version of the tool linked in the OP? are you certain that you're using the older version of wwise linked for download directly from our forum? This is the only version that seems to work correctly with this method for creating the new ogg files.

im lost on step 4 :S, where do i go from here????
-i sound like a right idiot >.<
Lost.png

when I try to unpack the soundboot.vpp_pc I receive an error while it's unpacking.. I have it in a separate folder like stated to do so but this only unpacks 6mb before it crashes. I don't know why because when I unpacked the misc_tables.vpp_pc it worked fine. Any ideas why it's messing up?
I am having the exact same issue was a solution found cause its the only thing holding me back!

I absolutely hate to add to an already ever-growing list of complaints...so I'll share something intersting instead! I completed the process, but skipped Step #16-18 - as I was unsure which song was which to edit. I put in my new vpp_pc and tested GenX, while pretty much ALL of the radio station was silent...1 of 6 of my custom songs ACTUALLY PLAYED; no short of some small miracle no doubt. Packing/Unpacking is usually fine when done through cmd prompt, especially if you use quotations; dragging and dropping seems to work to extract as well.
Th3 Toast3d, I too had some confusion there, what he actually means on Step 4 is to get Wav's of YOUR MUSIC, not the ones you just unpacked. As they are unlistenable, I cannot figure out which one needs to be edited in length; my revorb.exe claims that "Input is not an Ogg" after conversion....

I was unsure which song was which to edit.

The OP of this tutorial has a link to my post with all the filenames and what songs they are.

Toad King said:
EDIT: Idolninja has gone through and made a list of some of the radio station songs. You can find that list here.

Well THAT's immensely helpful, thanks! My revorb is working just fine now...maybe I was missing quotations. That spreadsheet from saikofish is great as well, I'd totally edit crib menu music & ringtone, but it seems to be compressed differently...
Still fidgeting around with timing, was gonna ask for an easier way to find milliseconds - then I noticed your post on Page 6. Great guide & great support from all on this thread. Merry X-mas!!

I've run into a snag and could use some help. I've searched the thread and I see I"m not the only one hung up here, but can't seem to fix it given the suggested fixes. I'll preface this saying that I'm not usually one to go digging around in files, if you could explain everything in the simplest terms possible (and assume I may have screwed up something basic!) that'd be ideal.

I'm on Step 14, using the Kabron radio station. I'm now having trouble packing it; I've got bnk_pc_packer.exe in the directory with the files (my song.wav files, radio_kabron_media and radio_kabron_media.bnk.pc) however running this command:

bnk_pc_packer radio_kabron_media radio_kabron_media.bnk_pc

results in "is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or batch file."

Here's my metadata: pastebin(dot)com/W0bSy0Mk

Here's what the folder looks like: i.imgur(dot)com/UUXml.png

All of the sound files I created with Wwise are there (song1 - song16) in the same folder as the .exe. The meta data above is exactly as it is; I believe the file names are correct (Though when I originally opened it it was something like C:/Documents/New Folder/song.wav or something like that; I removed the path and just have song1.wav as that's what other folks' posted meta data has, perhaps I did something wrong there, you can see it if I did!). I'm using the latest version of gibbed tools and the linked version of WWise.

There are a few things I see that might be problematic.

That error message indicates that you are not running the command from within the same folder, or you have the path name wrong. What you need to do is either navigate to that specific folder while in that command prompt and then run it, or write a batch file with that command and stick it in the same folder you have with everything else and double click it.

You seem to be missing the "packed_codebooks.bin" file from the audio tools.

The command you're running should be referencing radio_kabron_media.txt. It looks like you have file extensions turned off by default in your windows folder view, so you're not seeing the full filename in the screenshot. You can turn on show folder extensions in the Folder View settings in your Control Panel in Windows.

Back