Currently working on a couple weapon mods but I can't get them to work properly. Can anyone help me?

That's why we have the templates. They will help you :blush:

Hey it's me again, sorry if I'm bugging you. I'm currently trying to copy the tags from assault rifle weapon template model like you suggested. The problem I am having now is I'm not sure how do go about copying them. I tried just scaling down the assault rifle weapon template model to best match up with my weapon model and then just delete the assault rifle model so I would just have the armature with both the bone_root and two other bones and also the tags. I then just moved the tags around to the spots I needed them to be at. I finally then exported my weapon model with the assault rifle tags and then imported it into Maya. As you can see in the photo I took I don't think I did it right and I'm really confused right now. Again sorry if I'm being difficult and I really appreciate the fact you are trying your best to help me, I'm just not understanding what exactly should I do in terms of copying the tags from the templates.

IMG 0.png

If you know how to add clothing to the game is basically the same thing. Open Maya, import template, import your model, check if the position match the template model, change rotation and scale (if necesary), check if pivot point is in the center of the grid, then use "freeze all", assign your model to the bones, copy skin weight from the the template model and delete it, add material to your model, etc.

If you know how to add clothing to the game is basically the same thing. Open Maya, import template, import your model, check if the position match the template model, change rotation and scale (if necesary), check if pivot point is in the center of the grid, then use "freeze all", assign your model to the bones, copy skin weight from the the template model and delete it, add material to your model, etc.

Hey sorry to bug ya again but I got another issue I'm facing. So I am currently trying to follow your suggestion by importing the weapon template FBX model and then importing my model and then just doing the steps like I would normally do in terms of clothing mods. But every time after I import the weapon template FBX model and then my FBX model I run into this:

GIF.gif

Now this could be happening cause the weapon template FBX models is a FBX ASCII model while mine is a FBX Binary but I can't confirm this. I believe I have the right settings for Maya 2016 but again I can't a hundred percent confirms this either. Here are some pics showing both my Settings: General Application Preference and my FBX Export/Import settings.

IMG 0.png

IMG 1.png

IMG 2.png

I hope this information can help somewhat at maybe possible finding where I keep screwing up at lol.

Just rotate the model
Hey Admixion, it's me again. I got a quick update here and involves what you suggested to me early. I tried following what you said and now I am facing a new issue that is the model is too large now and the tags are still messed up. I'm not sure I might of messed up so I again made sure to record and then convert into GIF files to show every step I took. Not trying to sound like a broken record here but I just want to say again how thankful I am that you are taking some time out of your day to help the best you can and I'm sorry if I am coming a bit brain dead lol.

1)

IMG 1.gif

2)

IMG 2.gif

3)

IMG 3.gif

4)

IMG 4.gif

5)

IMG 5.gif

6)

IMG 6.gif

7)

IMG 7.gif

8) First time result.

IMG 8.png

9) So I went back in and I just tried scaling it down to fit my original model scale and ...

IMG 9.gif

10) Nope!

IMG 10.png

Oh I forgot about it. Select the values you freeze in Maya and unfreeze them. Change scale to 0.345 (if I remember correctly) and freeze again. Don't move any tags and bones. They will look weird with the scaled down model but they will work ingame.

Oh I forgot about it. Select the values you freeze in Maya and unfreeze them. Change scale to 0.345 (if I remember correctly) and freeze again. Don't move any tags and bones. They will look weird with the scaled down model but they will work ingame.

Hey it's me again. So I'm currently on Maya 2016 right now and I am tried seeing if I can scale it down to a 0.394 scale and so far I am not having any luck and it is still showing up in game way to large. So I decide to record my steps again cause I feel like I keep making the same mistake over and over and I don't know what that mistake is, if that makes any sense lol. Thank you as always, it truly means a lot to me.

1)
IMG 1.gif

2)
IMG 2.gif

3)
IMG 3.gif

4)
IMG 4.gif

5)
IMG 5.gif

4 gif. You scaled down bones with model... Leave the bones alone, select model and scale it down. The model ONLY

Hey it's me, sorry for me getting back to you soo late with an update. There as been progress in terms of the tags placement and the weapon mesh being at the right in-game scale. Howver I am not encounter a small issue in terms of the weapon's clip. The problem is that now the clips is scaled WAY to small and somehow got moved from the spot it needed to be. I did record my steps as usually so you could see what I did and where I could have possible messed up at. Again thank you as always. Here are the GIF clips of my steps I took.

1)
IMG 1.gif

2)
IMG 2.gif

3)
IMG 3.gif

4)
IMG 4.gif

5)
IMG 5.gif

6)
IMG 6.gif