Currently working on a couple weapon mods but I can't get them to work properly. Can anyone help me?

Hey it's me, no I'm not dead, again. I'm currently trying my hands at making a couple weapon mods for Saints Row IV, for the eight hundredth time lol. So far everything seems to be going smoothly and I did make sure to follow Henry08's SRIV SDK Release B: Creating new weapon tutorial step by step. However I keep running into this same issue in terms of how the character holds the weapon in game. You can see what I mean with the images below:

As seen here with these pics I took in game the character keeps ending up holding the guns really weirdly and the guns' clips are moved up from where they are suppose to be at. Also the main gun flash effect emits from the middle of the gun even I made sure to place the tag_muzzle_flash tag in front of the guns' barrels. I did also try to see if I could place the tag_secondary_handle tag and tag_gunmag_handle tag in same spot since some of the guns don't really have grip to place tag_gunmag_handle tag next to, expect the Thompson guns but I made sure to place their tag_gunmag_handle tags where the grips are. I also made sure that the guns are clone/paired up with the rifle that sounds closes to how it sounds in real life, example being that the BAR rifle is a clone/costume of the Mercenary LMG while the rest are just clone/costume of the Shokolov AR. Then to add insult to injury, the PSSH-41's clip's texture isn't loading the right texture for it even thought I made sure I picked the right textures for the clip.

I am honestly at a totally lost and I tried looking through the guided again to see if I maybe messed something up along the way but as far as I know I did follow everything to the very T. I also tried looking through the comment section to see if anyone else is having a similar problem like mine but its look like it's only happening to me. Please if anyone knows what I'm doing wrong and has the time to help/explain it to me please do so cause I would really like to learn how to make weapon mods for Saints Row IV so I can make more different types of mods instead just being able to make clothes mods.

Again if anyone can help me with this I would greatly appreciate it and for those can't then I wanna say thank you for at least reading this whole post, it at least shows that someone saw this and it isn't just buried under crap ton of other post/threads.

Attachments

• BAR IMAGES.png
    BAR IMAGES.png
    9.6 MB · Views: 250
  • MP-40 IMAGES.png
    MP-40 IMAGES.png
    9.3 MB · Views: 229
  • PSSH-41 IMAGES.png
    PSSH-41 IMAGES.png
    9.5 MB · Views: 218
  • STRUMGEWEHR IMAGES.png
    STRUMGEWEHR IMAGES.png
    7.6 MB · Views: 218
  • TOMMY DRUM IMAGES.png
    TOMMY DRUM IMAGES.png
    8.9 MB · Views: 210
  • TOMMY REG IMAGES.png
    TOMMY REG IMAGES.png
    9 MB · Views: 224
Last edited by a moderator:
Your tags are messed up, move them to the center of the grid, they should be (0,0,0) in their x,y,z translate values to work correctly.

If they arent, freeze their values (coordinates box> freeze> all) after you placed them in the center of the grid. And once they are at 0,0,0, move them to where they should be.

Your tags are messed up, move them to the center of the grid, they should be (0,0,0) in their x,y,z translate values to work correctly.

If they arent, freeze their values (coordinates box> freeze> all) after you placed them in the center of the grid. And once they are at 0,0,0, move them to where they should be.

Hey BeautiDuwanger, thank you for coming over here to lend some help and also sorry for the late reply. So I just tried going back and fixing the tag issue by first making the tags all freeze to 0,0,0 and then move them to rights spots I needed them to be at. However I am still having the same issue as before. I'm not really understanding how I should go about making sure the tags' coordinates are freeze to 0,0,0. I decided to also record myself doing the steps and convert them into GIF files to help better show what I am doing since I am terrible at describing things lol. I hope this can also help you, or anyone who can help, better see where I am messing up at. Again thank you so much for trying to help me and I hope I am not being difficult here.
1)
GIF 0.gif
2)
GIF 1.gif
3)
GIF 2.gif
4)
GIF 3.gif
5)
GIF 4.gif
6)
GIF 5.gif
7)
GIF 6.gif
8)
GIF 7.gif
9)
IMG 8.png
10)
IMG 9.png
11)
IMG 10.png
12)
IMG 11.png

Weapon templates that are included in SDK A pack. They contain default weapon models, bones, etc.

So should I just try to copy the tags from weapon templates over to the model? Sorry if I'm misunderstanding you. I'm just confused right now lol.

Back