Community Modding Wishlist

All I'd want is map modification (as I have experience in Hammer), car modification and creation (maybe model importing and conversion from other formats so like, from Forza 4 or something like that) and weapon mindfuck.

Ability to change models and textures of the vehicles, weapons, NPCs, map (a-la GTA) and ability to change the skybox to get more sky variations or even dynamic skyboxes for day/night cycles.
And titties.
I love titties.

Ability to change models and textures of the vehicles, weapons, NPCs, map (a-la GTA) and ability to change the skybox to get more sky variations or even dynamic skyboxes for day/night cycles.
And titties.
I love titties.

And maybe realistic northern lights.

I already mentioned mission scripting, but as noted in Volition's replies, I want the ability to dynamically pull up and create some stuff on the fly. For instance, they mentioned no Fuzz in SR4 because it's a coding nightmare. Yep, I understand that fully, I can imagine it already. But if I wanted to make something vaguely similar, it'd need to be able to randomly create markers without having to be reliant on pre-defined points (or if it is, working from an internal list), and can randomly pick scenarios then generate the entities on the fly and any vehicles, as well as loading up the AI and any driving paths. I don't think I'd be able to have a mission where (thinking of a mission from San Andreas as an example) a guy you're chasing runs, steals a parked car to drive off in, hops out and gets into a boat, sails that about, then hops out and grabs a helicopter to take off in, but that'd be a great goal to work for. We'd thus need a way to have a way to declare a lot of this stuff in the lua scripts for this mission including what he looks like (I'm no modeller, so it'd probably be a pre-existing ped), the vehicles that are needed for the sequence, any AI shifts to make sure he can go from fleeing the player and going to a waypoint then shifting to jack a car and drive it properly to a given path, then hopping out and grabbing a boat and sailing it, and so on... plus of course spawning any specific vehicles in given variants and making sure the normal game AI peds don't suddenly jack them and mess stuff up...

I guess what I'm hoping for is the ability to declare a lot of stuff in a LUA on runtime without having to precompile it into the game map or game internals.

The news about the upcoming modding capabilities are fucking great. Maybe, some day, Saints Row will have as much mods as GTA.

I'd like to see airbags added to the game. I remember seeing old San Andreas mods that added airbags, and it was a nice little touch. Not sure how you would do it in SR3, but it'd be cool.

I would find it amazing if it would be possible to create a 6th level of police.

Everything would remain the same with police and SWAT from level 1-4, SNG at level 5 but then at level 6 STAG would show up :D

Back