Community Modding Wishlist

Some of these things have already been mentioned.

A level editor would be a real butt-kicker. Having Stillwater and Steelport in the same game would be amazing. EDIT: Or even better. Stillwater, Steelport AND Pleasntville in the same map. Oh god. *drools*

The ability to create/use idle-animations. If we could use the idle-animations of random pedestrians for our own Boss that would be great too.

Man, there was another thing. Must have forgot it. Oh well. Will add it when/if I remember it.

EDIT: HAH! I remembered! The ability/tool to make our Cribs customizable.

Last edited:
Uh no. Wait. I don't want to drag this offtopic. But I have to say this. There will be no porting of SR1 or SR2 into the SRIV engine. And definitely no porting of anything concerning SR1. That would be bordering on pirating.
What I meant was porting the cities of Stillwater(SR2) and Pleasntville so they will be on the same map as Steelport during the simulation.
Several people asked violition and had discussions about this and it's ok (violition owns the rights to all SR's). And pirating is the illegal distribution or selling of merchandise, if you want to crack open your copy of SR1 (just to find out their are no tools for the file types you find) go nuts!

Oh! Oh oh oh!! I know! One more thing. If there are tools that could give us the ability to create our own sliders(Fingers, feet, knee and so forth) it would be hilarious and great.

I remember reading about CDPR allowing the assets to be used in mods, so redistributing those, as well as older SR game assets, and any that come from games in a similar situation, is fine.

So, the question is, what do we do about a hypothetical "mod creation tool" that pulls assets from another game installed on your system, but does not contain any of the assets itself? As far as i understand, that would be legal. Whether or not you have the original installer disc for the game on hand is irrelevant, and such a check would easily be fooled anyway.

That doesn't necessarily mean we should allow it, but i am of the opinion that we should. It would be nice to have a decision on that before anybody goes through the effort of making one.

About this. I became curious. What assets can be pulled from other games? Is there a limit to how big of an asset one should be able to transfer? There is a big difference between transfering a car or a gun from Just Cause 2 and transferring the entire island of Panau. If there is a limit, where should it be?

@B.D.W.
If we're talking about redistributing said assets, the answer is none, unless specifically allowed by the owners of the content. If they do allow it, you'd have to look at their terms to find out what the limits are.

If we're talking about a tool that imports assets that already exists on the user's system, then as far as I know, there is no limit, because in the end you aren't redistributing any copyrighted content. I recall that there have been efforts to import entire game maps into other games, but I don't know whether they got anywhere. I do not think any decision has been made by the administration as to whether such a mod could be hosted here, though.

the ability to convert SR2 assets (models, textures, map, etc) to the new file system (if volition lets us) so we can use that, to make SRIV more like SR2 (or make it a full conversion)
you know what i mean
GoTR should be included along with that ;)

I don't know if it's too much to ask for... But maybe add more stores and activities for pedestrians to make the game feel more alive like Stilwater.

Also, it would be badass to travel to Stilwater via an underground English Channel esque road and allow you to walk in a small portion of Stilwater, with all new stores and a few roads to drive on.

EDIT: I know IdolNinja made a Sandbox mod to travel to Stilwater, and the only thing I'd request is to close off the boundaries so it actually feels like a town. Thanks, IdolNinja! Also, removing the blocky water thing would be nice.

Back