Community Modding Wishlist

Now all volution has to do is READ this forum thread.

Let's all continue to operate under the assumption that this is already the case. We're asking you to really think hard about what you want to see now that Volition has a new fan and community oriented owner/publisher. These posts containing your feedback could potentially shape the very future of Saints Row modding.

Hypothetically, of course. :)

Hypothetically, of course. :)

So, hypothetically, saying "Hi Aubrey!" is not, hypothetically, out of the question? (Hypothetically...) :)

Volition has a new fan and community oriented owner/publisher. These posts containing your feedback could potentially shape the very future of Saints Row modding.
Hypothetically, of course.

If it were safe to say that the SR4 developement staff at Volition conducts part of their targeted market research for SR4 by reading this forum,
then they should now be aware of all of the talented, creative and inovative people here that have created a multitude of great SR game modifications working with limited modding tools and also working together as a community.

This site ( saintsrowmods.com ) is the best SR community and has accomplished the most work with limited tools.
Just imagine what can be done if we had a full toolbox.

;) Deep Silver/Volition can dramatically increase their sales revenue of SR4 by providing an SR4-SDK ( Software Developement Kit ) as a DLC.
I would be willing to pay $20.oo USD for an unabridged version.

What would Zinyak say about this ?
billboard-z1ignr.png

What would Uncle Zam say ?
billboard_z6tl.png

What would happen if a female Zin got a fun time with Genki and the result was a Zinki ?
billboard_z5B1.png

I want to be able to make my own weapon flags; basically create a set of properties/functions and attach that to a weapon. Example:
A low gravity flag so that when you shoot an npc or vehicle it will allow you to fling it around the environment
A randomizer flag that changes the current spawnable object into a different one kind of like the wabbajack from skyrim.

And maybe an in-game phone app called "Modding" which would allow players to turn mods on/off on the go (kind of like SRTT's Cheat menu)? For example, we have a mod_autorun.xtbl file in the root folder. All we have to do is to edit that file, type something like "<Mod><Name>FancyModification</Name><Author>Me</Author><Path>Location</Path></Mod>" (where "Location" is in fact a name of folder containing necessary files), start the game, bring up the phone, navigate to Modding app and select - freshly created - "FancyModification" to load.

I'm aware that such feature would be nightmarish to implement (what if player enables two contradicting mods?). I'm just thinking big.

The ability to reread resource files so you don't have to quit, restart, click gratuitous thing, etc when testing out a mod. (Preferably via some kind of debug console.)

What about a map editor? To make your own cities. ;)
Been playing too much Nadeo games.

Most of what I'd want has been said.. I'd love a way to make custom missions and such (as in from scratch, custom dialogue and design using characters defined from parameters akin to how the player is defined or stuff in SR2, so we can make custom characters for it) and properly load them in. Even as 'cellphone missions' it'd be ok.

The big one then is, since they already have shown they're fine using Steam as a system... do Steam Community. Let us create then SHARE those missions/models/animations/maps/cars/etc/etc/etc. That is the way games are moving if you look, everyone on Steam seems to be doing modding support and allowing a way to share them, drumming up interest in the game past the classic purchase model. Plus, if there's lots of classy content, it could move to a hatconomy style model with a cut for valve and one for Volition... free money, AND it promotes modding and extending the lifetime!

Besides, if they are gonna use the same citymap allowing modding is a great way to let it become bigger without any official dev work! :p

I'd love a way to make custom missions and such (as in from scratch, custom dialogue and design using characters defined from parameters akin to how the player is defined or stuff in SR2, so we can make custom characters for it) and properly load them in. Even as 'cellphone missions' it'd be ok.

I desperately want this too. Plus, understanding the cutscene format so we can edit or create or own.

Also, we have some amazing news to share next week. In the meantime, keep the ideas and requests coming! :D

Back