Saints Row IV Character height

I expect that it would work to do something like adding "set_character_giant( PLAYER )" to the sr3_city.lua file's city_init function, if it's anything like the way SR3 works. I would speculate that the function disables height restoration regardless of whether you're large or small, so there's no separate function for a "shrunk" character. Haven't tried any of this myself.
I'm not very familiar with this kind of stuff so I probably did it completely wrong, but should it look something like this? It didn't change anything.
KsNQ6Xk.png

That's the right idea, looking through the Pierce recruitment mission I found the syntax to be, set_character_giant(target, bool)

So in this case,
Code:
set_character_giant(LOCAL_PLAYER, true)
I didn't have any luck using that command by itself, but you might want to look through the mission lua to see it better, refer to Idol's mission list for the number. You have to at the very least set to giant and re-enable gravity it would seem. Further setting the height in the tweak table might be the thing I was missing before I got bored and turned my attention to other things. When it comes down to it, I don't think the mechanics are in place to do all that much as a giant.

I tried to edit sr3_city.lua file but the game always crash upon loading even if an unmodified version of the sr3_city.lua located in the main game folder.
Do you have the same problem?

Last edited:
I tried to edit sr3_city.lua file but the game always crash upon loading even if an unmodified version of the sr3_city.lua located in the main game folder.
Do you have the same problem?
yes i am wondering if i have to put it in the same folder as misc tables, but i dont want to break anything

No problems with editing sr3_city.lua here. Make sure you're using a decent editor like Notepadd++ or better, the game actually handles error in lua pretty well. If you call a non existant function or variable it will just kill the Lua function without any noticeable in game effect. For this reason it can be a good idea to use Minimaul's debug lua print hook to set debugging way points if you're not getting any effective output.
For an easy edit with a very noticeable effect,
Code:
function sr3_city_main()
    rl_set_override_viewport(120, 60)
end

No problems with editing sr3_city.lua here. Make sure you're using a decent editor like Notepadd++ or better, the game actually handles error in lua pretty well. If you call a non existant function or variable it will just kill the Lua function without any noticeable in game effect. For this reason it can be a good idea to use Minimaul's debug lua print hook to set debugging way points if you're not getting any effective output.
For an easy edit with a very noticeable effect,
Code:
function sr3_city_main()
    rl_set_override_viewport(120, 60)
end
If I put an unmodified/extracted sr3_city.lua file in the game folder my game crashes when loading the map . I haven't tried to edit at all.

Does anyone know a way to make the super stomps (preferably the shrink one) affect your own player, because then you can just set the percentage to negative so you grow, and change how long it lasts. Thats what I have done but I can't seem to make it affect my own player.

Ok, I checked in the code and it looks like giants and shrink ray stuff was added to SR4. Also, code was added to slowly bring you back to "normal" size. This seems to be hard coded to 1.0. :( I'll see about somehow exposing this to lua or something. In the mean time, you can prevent the processing by flagging the character as a giant, which can be done with the lua function character_set_giant.
how do you flag with that function

Back