Saints Row IV Character height

So 1.0 height is hard coded. That would explain alot.(maybe being able to change character height could be something you guys could slip into the SDK in a future release) Thank you Knobby for going out of your way to invetigate this issue. Your answer aslo gave me some ideas I'm going to try out when I get off work.

Your answer aslo gave me some ideas I'm going to try out when I get off work.
Some ideas. yep. First, look at this.
Shrink-stomp with reverse effect =)

If someone can add this effect on player (with cheat, for example), set max reachable height and infinite duration - we get character height hack.
Superpowers rules! =)

Ok, I checked in the code and it looks like giants and shrink ray stuff was added to SR4. Also, code was added to slowly bring you back to "normal" size. This seems to be hard coded to 1.0. :( I'll see about somehow exposing this to lua or something. In the mean time, you can prevent the processing by flagging the character as a giant, which can be done with the lua function character_set_giant.

If I want to make a small character, how would I do that?
What's the code for the shrunk character?

Some ideas. yep. First, look at this.
Shrink-stomp with reverse effect =)

If someone can add this effect on player (with cheat, for example), set max reachable height and infinite duration - we get character height hack.
Superpowers rules! =)
how did you do this, can you post your tweak table.xtbl/character height.xtbl/character definitions.xtbl, also was this only multiplayer or can it be done in singleplayer?

Ok, I checked in the code and it looks like giants and shrink ray stuff was added to SR4. Also, code was added to slowly bring you back to "normal" size. This seems to be hard coded to 1.0. :( I'll see about somehow exposing this to lua or something. In the mean time, you can prevent the processing by flagging the character as a giant, which can be done with the lua function character_set_giant.
how do you do this? where do you flag that?

how did you do this, can you post your tweak table.xtbl/character height.xtbl/character definitions.xtbl, also was this only multiplayer or can it be done in singleplayer?
It's not my video =)
I found it into youtube.

But yes, it's multiplayer. How do it with player character in single? I don't know.
Do it with NPC - simple, just set parameter "Shrink_min_scale" from 0.3 to 3.3 for example. And there is much more parameter related to this superpower, use search.
And i found some interesting category - <Category>Entries:Boss:Matt Miller:Cheats:Shrink</Category> According descriptions, this "cheat" can affect player too =)

I expect that it would work to do something like adding "set_character_giant( PLAYER )" to the sr3_city.lua file's city_init function, if it's anything like the way SR3 works. I would speculate that the function disables height restoration regardless of whether you're large or small, so there's no separate function for a "shrunk" character. Haven't tried any of this myself.

I expect that it would work to do something like adding "set_character_giant( PLAYER )" to the sr3_city.lua file's city_init function, if it's anything like the way SR3 works. I would speculate that the function disables height restoration regardless of whether you're large or small, so there's no separate function for a "shrunk" character. Haven't tried any of this myself.
When I open the sr3_lua file it gives me a bunch of special characters and blank spaces, any help? I'm fairly new. :D

Back