Saints Row IV Character height

The funny thing is NPC's work fine by editing the character definitions.xtbl. Its just the player character that won't work

The NPC's are in Character_Definitions? Do you know what line they are or what they are called?
Well, I think *all* the NPC's are in there; you're gonna have to look, or at least use a "find" or "search" function in notepad/your text editor...

Most of the NPC's that are named in the game will have a field that contains some form of their name (i.e., search for "shaundi" and you'll find where shaundi's entry is).

What's hard to get used to is the fact the civilians, who get no names in gameplay, were all given names by the staff who created them. I mean, like, actual people names. Nothing like "male-hispanic-elderly-01", but more like "Steve" n' shit.

The funny thing is NPC's work fine by editing the character definitions.xtbl. Its just the player character that won't work
Yep, there's something else forcing the player size back to 1.0
I used the same size as Paul the giant Saints Flow can, but after starting, MY PC start shrinking back to normal size.

Here it is with the height at 60 like Paul the Saint Flow can, and Height Class set as Large too, but the character will shrink back to normal size in a few second.
Same if I shrink the character, I'll see if I can get a video, but I'm on my laptop, so the graphic setting won't be too good.

Attachments

• character_definitions.xtbl
    449.4 KB · Views: 1,156
The same thing happens to my characer that happens to your character in the video. It seems any value larger than default gets scaled back to default while any value under default has no effect at all (I haven't been able to get any value under the deafult to work). Maybe this is a bug/glitch.

The same thing happens to my characer that happens to your character in the video. It seems any value larger than default gets scaled back to default while any value under default has no effect at all (I haven't been able to get any value under the deafult to work). Maybe this is a bug/glitch.

Yep, let's see if Knobby or someone else at volation can answer out question.

Ok, I checked in the code and it looks like giants and shrink ray stuff was added to SR4. Also, code was added to slowly bring you back to "normal" size. This seems to be hard coded to 1.0. :( I'll see about somehow exposing this to lua or something. In the mean time, you can prevent the processing by flagging the character as a giant, which can be done with the lua function character_set_giant.

Back