All New Character Customization

So I'm trying too use this mod, but it's causing a crash on the game attempting to load. I can get as far as the main menu but beyond that I just crash. I moved all my mods that I use into the "Your_character_mods_here" folder but I'm not sure what to do beyond that. I suspect that there might be some mods that I shouldn't put in there but I don't know what I should/should not put in that folder. I also don't have any mods in my game directory, as all of them were placed into that character mods folder.
How install thise mod? Work in lost versions?

I have a similar problem as dashman on page 40. The mod just doesn't want to load the tattoos or gives an infinite loading screen. The names are all messed up too. Although it still works by itself, the names stay weird.
It seems to not work with a skin mod.

I figured it out I think
Do not use customize_player.asm files anywhere and only put .str2_PC files in the character mods folder
I shoved everything into the "your character mod files here" folder, all str2, ASM, xtbl. Then ran the patcher. Then put the patch tattoo files into the /cache folder. Afterwards I did not put ANY of the ASM, str2 files into the /Saints_Row_the_Third directory, except 2 xtbl files from the skin mod.
Seems to work so far.

EDIT: The only problem with this is that my skin mod is not applied. I tried making it work but it either crashes or ends up in a forever load.

Last edited:
Only put str2_PC files in there
everything else gets put in the directory
also install mods one at a time, some mods will conflict for absolutely no reason if they don't use the same files.

Only put str2_PC files in there
everything else gets put in the directory
also install mods one at a time, some mods will conflict for absolutely no reason if they don't use the same files.
Dude, I think it actually works, I have both the skin and the tattoos and it didn't crash. Thanks man, hopefully it continues working; crossing my fingers.

Initially I had other mods in the directory, but not the skin mod.
First, I put the five str2_PC files into the /Your_character_mods_here. Then I ran the patcher.
Second, I put the patched tattoo files into the /cache folder.
Third, I placed the customization_default_items.xtbl into the /Saints Row the Third directory.
Then I placed the customize_player.asm_pc into the /Saints Row the Third directory.
Fourth, I ran the ASM_Updater (idk if previous and this step matter)
Last, I took the customize_player.asm_pc OUT of the directory.

So, I had NO str2_PC files in the directory and NO customize_player.asm in the directory (they are all patched into the tattoo mod I assume and the player.asm is not needed?).

Back