SPOILERS Saints Row (2022) official info

And I think most of us not against new characters. If only they show those that's more appealing--and no, being shirtless doesn't count as one - only if you played it right--probably it'd be somehow well received than it was.

I'm not sure about this.... I mean, one thing we already know is that one of the major plans they have is for the characters to evolve, and become more "saints-like" as gameplay progresses.

So, wouldn't showing them in a way that's more appealing actually mean spoilers? They may need to resort to that, but I think it might be too early to show what these characters turn into.

Given the little I know, I'm kind of seeing an idea like "Breaking Bad." Now... by calling this Saints Row instead of "By the makers of Saints Row" I think Volition has put themselves in a bad situation, cause now we have people complaining about what I assume is the characters at the start, and they have to either take that criticism or spoil the game. That can't be a fun choice to make

Copy/pasting my comment from that video:
"To be fair, the hate comes from multiple different directions including the whole 'people felt cheated' thing. I mean, during the lead-up, we had a brick wall that had strong SR1/SR2 vibes what with the graffiti and all, then we got this CGI trailer with zero gameplay. They felt manipulated because Volition seemed to be telling them one thing and we got something completely different. People already hate change, especially when it concerns something they love dearly. So I can get where they're coming from there."

That said, I do agree with the other parts. Volition wanted to do something new and honestly, as much as I love the OG Saints, I'm down for it. We spent five games with them. There's only so much you can do with them. Were there missed opportunities? Sure, like the whole Dex thing. But they missed that way back in SR3. Hell, they even missed that opportunity in SRIV when they could've had Dex lead a terrorist gang and Boss, as the POTUS, fights him throughout the real world and cyberworld.

Point is, it is what it is. They probably realized this as that's why they're starting fresh.

Yea i personally agree. i think the hate is just a misunderstanding because i really want to see this game happen. they may not be the same saints but the core of what makes saints row is still there and it shows. i want to be able to experience something new and that's what this is.

If only they released that gameplay first instead of CGI trailer.

Perfect reveal trailer would have been 5-10 mins and show the main parts of the game like characters,map,activities,fighting and customization.

Its so weird that they arent showing customization sooner.

1631052330067.png

...tried to put the gif version but its not letting me...still its a funny meme XD

Last edited:
If only they released that gameplay first instead of CGI trailer.

Perfect reveal trailer would have been 5-10 mins and show the main parts of the game like characters,map,activities,fighting and customization.

Its so weird that they arent showing customization sooner.
Yeah, it seems to me like Volition has really fumbled the reveal. They were always strong with gameplay, and started strong with customization... The games where they got away from letting you make your own character were among their worst selling. I'd make that the first thing I'd show the audience if I was in marketing. Then maybe the CGI, then at least a minute or two of gameplay as an initial teaser.

Back