SPOILERS Saints Row (2022) official info

"Loud Minority" 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 yeah right. Are you really beleive that sh.t
No need to believe it when its right it front of us...

SR3-SR4-GooH and now this Reboot which is still more like SR3 than older games. If old SR fans were the majority we wouldn't have games in this new style. Sorry its the truth :)

Okay I forgot that you already played the game and know the characters...

And man in SR2 breaking into a nuclear power plant only with 1 person to get toxic waste to give Maeros tattoo artist so he can give him a toxic waste tattoo (which somehow did harm after tattoo was finished lol ) was SUCH A REALISTIC STORY MOMENT !!!!

SR2 is full of unrealistic stuff in its gameplay and story which is fine because thats what Saints Row is and always will be...

You older SR fans act like dumb and forget about all the weird shit SR1-2 had. Face it those games were almost same as SR3 with their unrealistic gameplay and story. SR3 had the style to match the crazy story,gameplay while SR1 - 2 was trying to be GTA with their visual style.

Thank God Volition listened the majority and not loud minority when making the game.
It's just as realistic as blowing up the doors of a maximum security prison and then slaughtering every single guard inside, or even shooting your way through several SWAT roadblocks after robbing a bank. Even the most realistic open world third person shooters like GTA IV have "unrealistic" moments like the one you mentioned. This is done to service the gameplay, in these kinds of games a good way to increase the difficulty is to put a lot of enemies for you to fight at the same time or in quick succession. Of course if you compare this to real life 1 to 1 it's going to seem unrealistic, but in these games the player is always much stronger and/or much smarter than the AI which keeps the game from being unbearably difficult, so in return you need moments like this to keep the game from being too easy.
Do you understand now why this stuff is more easily accepted than actual bad writing that doesn't bring anything to the gameplay?

About the toxic waste, we don't even know what amount was diluted into the ink, or what kind of rays it was emitting, depending on those factors it's possible that it needed some time to have any effect after contact with the skin.

And once again, I'm sorry, but no, SR1 & 2 weren't the same as SR3. In the the first two you weren't fighting enemies with laser guns and spaceships, you didn't have gang members doing radio commercials or being the star of a reality TV show, you didn't have giant skyscrapers painted purple.

And no, I didn't use my DeLorean to play the game early. Like you, I'm just looking at the only clues that are available right now. Eli is supposed to be smart, the way he nonchalantly mentions his "exposure" to Kevin as if it wasn't posing a major security issue to their project, makes it very likely that Kevin isn't supposed to be stupid and it is indeed bad writing.
If a criminal that is prolific on social media is the kind of character that you'd like to interact with in a game, that's perfectly fine, but this character would be much more interesting if he made sense.

And last thing, I'm always ready to hear other people's points and opinions and discus them in a respectful manner, so let's not escalate things and turn this into a typical Steam forums discussion.

Ahh old SR fans come up with the wildest excuses to not to accept their "serious" and "grounded" game is actually goofy af.

I dont want to go through tons of replies arguing there is no point.

Games aren't really supposed to be 100% realistic, even in games like Red Dead Redemption II. Otherwise Arthur Morgan would die the first five minutes into the game from a single gunshot.

Does it make sense for the Boss to be dragging toxic waste around Stilwater in Saints Row 2 and have no mention of potentially irradiating the city and/or the Boss? Probably not, but then again the story is supposed to be borderline goofy so it slides.

And remember the old mantra:

That's not really an indication on whether or not she is a trash person. I took a quick look at her TL and she was tweeting about GamerGate stuff, "focus groups", "Netflix Teen dramas", cancel culture. You know, the usual stuff for outrage culture internet people.
That... doesn't really make a lot of sense, discussing topics on an online forum, and having rather reasonable opinions at that, doesn't embody "outrage" culture. And half of what you mentioned is explicitly mocking Saints Row's possible direction (based on what has been shown).

I don't like how off-topic this has gotten, literally the only reason I posted that was because it was a discussion on Saints Row that had traction on social media, not because I was expecting people to scour twitter profiles. I'm not a fan of all these personal hot-takes about the character of a person nobody knows, it comes across as super rude and inappropriate.

I said many times why I think like that maybe less simping more reading my dude ?
None of what you said was factually an actual post that exists though, you don't need to be toxic, I would prefer we stop talking about something so absurdly off-topic.

Is the extended gameplay trailer shown to influencers going to be released? Seems like it answers a lot of lingering questions.
I asked them on Twitter, but they wouldn't say. Honestly, I'm worried that if they wait too long to really start the hype engine, it'll be too late. There'd still be a sizeable chunk who would still buy the game but it might not sell as well as they'd like.

That... doesn't really make a lot of sense, discussing topics on an online forum, and having rather reasonable opinions at that, doesn't embody "outrage" culture. And half of what you mentioned is explicitly mocking Saints Row's possible direction (based on what has been shown).
But that is your view that those are reasonable opinions. If you were also a trash person, you obviously wouldn't think of them as a trash person.

I think everyone sees themselves as the hero of their tale. The Boss certainly doesn’t think they’re the bad guy. Indeed, if Saints Row the Third was told from Cyrus Temple’s POV, he’d actually be a good guy. He just happens to be fighting our guys, so he’s our antagonist.

Back