Saints Row: The Third Saints Row: The Third - Remastered Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this is considered content, but can we expect water and air traffic splines to finally be fixed/reintroduced?

New Shaundi is awful. Johny - more less. Pierce - meh... Aannd.. Andromeda's expressions

Last edited:
Oh I saw all that gameplay in that someone got the game very early.

Streaming for anyone to see and gameplay, customization he let us see nearly all the clothing just planet saints.

No female player as hes playing right now.

I confirmed the new hairstyle aren't added to the game, No pitch not even character gallery just like the switch version. Like in re elected we first get to store up to 4 save character without creating a new and it was the feature since "my steelport" went down way back in 2015.

I wish they should have keep the feature

I confirmed the new hairstyle aren't added to the game, No pitch not even character gallery just like the switch version. Like in re elected we first get to store up to 4 save character without creating a new and it was the feature since "my steelport" went down way back in 2015.
Dude. It's mentioned in the first post...

You mean the enhanced realism in character models is actually making the visuals look unrealistic? I agree with you. It also makes the stiffness in the character’s facial expressions more noticeable and uglier with hyper-realistic textures. I hope that the enhanced textures in the SR3 remaster will not make the characters look worse.

Update: After re-watching the trailer, I now reckon how the graphics update may break the game for you. Improved lighting effects highlight the textures on the characters, which would make any flaws more visible. Keep your hopes up for the final product.

If the leaks are final, these fears have been realized.

The leaked gameplay footage looks extremely terrible, almost broken, and if that is what the final product looks like, I have officially lost interest in this remaster. The visuals look like those terrible saturated "enhanced graphics" mods and reshade presets you see for games, god awful contrast with washed out, flat looking textures and environmental detail.

Shaundi, who I initally thought looked good in the low resolution preview gif, looked atrocious, as did every other character model. Everyone's skin looks splotchy and revolting, seemingly attempting to add realistic details, but instead butchering the games artstyle. The hair in contrast looks completely plasticine and uncanny in the new lighting. The new facial models seem to animate terribly in cutscenes as well, with atrocious rigging. Certain characters look completely unrecognizable from their original appearance, but still use the same rigs, which looks absurdly bad.

Even though the original hasn't aged well, I still strongly prefer its stylized art style, I don't want to see a bunch of gross looking wrinkles whenever I see characters up close, and they don't look realistic either, in real life perception and lighting work very differently, but here no matter the distance the detailing looks the same. Games continue to over empathize skin detailing far beyond reality, I can't stand how it looks.

Agents of Mayhem looked far better in every facet, and not just because of its artstyle. I strongly hope that the new Saints Row looks better than this, or that the leaks are misleading.

Reactions: F13
If the leaks are final, these fears have been realized.

The leaked gameplay footage looks extremely terrible, almost broken, and if that is what the final product looks like, I have officially lost interest in this remaster. The visuals look like those terrible saturated "enhanced graphics" mods and reshade presets you see for games, god awful contrast with washed out, flat looking textures and environmental detail.

Shaundi, who I initally thought looked good in the low resolution preview gif, looked atrocious, as did every other character model. Everyone's skin looks splotchy and revolting, seemingly attempting to add realistic details, but instead butchering the games artstyle. The hair in contrast looks completely plasticine and uncanny in the new lighting. The new facial models seem to animate terribly in cutscenes as well, with atrocious rigging. Certain characters look completely unrecognizable from their original appearance, but still use the same rigs, which looks absurdly bad.

Even though the original hasn't aged well, I still strongly prefer its stylized art style, I don't want to see a bunch of gross looking wrinkles whenever I see characters up close, and they don't look realistic either, in real life perception and lighting work very differently, but here no matter the distance the detailing looks the same. Games continue to over empathize skin detailing far beyond reality, I can't stand how it looks.

Agents of Mayhem looked far better in every facet, and not just because of its artstyle. I strongly hope that the new Saints Row looks better than this, or that the leaks are misleading.

I don't agree about the hair. The original hair used to be more like Plasticine, but now the hair has a more realistic, layered look. Better than before. I will say that giving Johnny Gat a weird five o-clock shadow goatee was a weird design choice, given how his facial hair looks more realistic than the remastered-boss's.

Also, are you saying you want SR5 to look like Agents of Mayhem?

The leaked gameplay you saw was edited. The guy just increased contrast on his console that's why it looked like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back