Saints Row 5 Ideas thread

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the voice actor of David was responsible for writing it, too, as well as producing basically all of the radio stations. He worked in radio in real life, but he wasn't brought back for SR2 and the radio was all done in-house. If they bring him back, they'd at least have the same type of writing with more modern issues (though, like you said, most of what they talked about ended up becoming more relevant, and it already sounds like the kind of thing you'd hear on most AM talk stations nowadays). The radio in SR1 overall sounded more "realistic" in a lot of ways compared to the later games, and even compared to GTA. I guess having actual radio professionals producing it is what gave it that sound.
That's interesting! I didn't know that about the voice actor of David. I looked it up, and apparently David was voiced by David H. Lawrence XVII (they used his real name David Lawrence) who also voiced another of my SR1 favorites, Stefan! That would be awesome if they could get him back! That show was the best radio talk show I've ever heard in any video game.

That's interesting! I didn't know that about the voice actor of David. I looked it up, and apparently David was voiced by David H. Lawrence XVII (they used his real name David Lawrence) who also voiced another of my SR1 favorites, Stefan! That would be awesome if they could get him back! That show was the best radio talk show I've ever heard in any video game.
I wanna say that the entire radio was the most realistic-sounding in-game radio I've heard in any game that has this type of feature. The jingles, station IDs, etc. all sounded like they were for real stations. And the DJ dialogue and talk radio dialogue flowed naturally rather than being obviously acted like in GTA, and using people who work in radio in real life definitely helped add to that feeling. For example, the guy who hosts The Rock 94.8 is one of the hosts of a morning show on a rock station here in Chicago. According to the credits in the manual, they also intended on having a second talk radio station! "KRFS," or "Radio Free Stilwater," was supposed to be hosted by Bill Leff and Wendy Snyder, both of whom also hail from Chicago and currently host a talk show together on WGN Radio. I wish we knew more about this, and I have no idea why they were cut from the game.

SPOILERS: Agents of mayhem goes with Rebuild eaRth ending. They should make saints row 5 go back to gangster type of gameplay by having the Aisha ending. The saints use the time machine to go back in time to saints row 1 and never choose to become celebrity's. Then for the new school fans they can make a spin off that goes with the planet ending. The saints go and find new planets to conquer and become rulers of the universe.

I guess I'm an old school fan, but maybe I'm more of a middle school fan. I don't mind the Saints being celebrities, but I really think the whole science fiction blowing-up-the-world thing put the whole series off the rails. And, honestly, I'm a big science fiction fan, but there are already so many other games that do that already. The older Saints Row games, particularly 2 and 3, were very unique and had STYLE. There are no other games like that. That's what sets them apart from every other game. The emphasis on customization was a big factor in that.

I guess I'm an old school fan, but maybe I'm more of a middle school fan. I don't mind the Saints being celebrities, but I really think the whole science fiction blowing-up-the-world thing put the whole series off the rails. And, honestly, I'm a big science fiction fan, but there are already so many other games that do that already. The older Saints Row games, particularly 2 and 3, were very unique and had STYLE. There are no other games like that. That's what sets them apart from every other game. The emphasis on customization was a big factor in that.
Agreed, I liked the premise of SR:TT a lot more than SRIV's story, but I wish SR:TT's actss were more elaborate. I liked the STAG act, it brought another faction on the table to stir things up more, but the whole process, how it's placed and how it got dealt with was just really lacking.
I hope in the next Saints Row game customization will be as abundant as SR2's. 3 and 4 feel pretty dumbed down in customization still.
Variety is what makes things nicer.

I wanna say that the entire radio was the most realistic-sounding in-game radio I've heard in any game that has this type of feature. The jingles, station IDs, etc. all sounded like they were for real stations. And the DJ dialogue and talk radio dialogue flowed naturally rather than being obviously acted like in GTA, and using people who work in radio in real life definitely helped add to that feeling. For example, the guy who hosts The Rock 94.8 is one of the hosts of a morning show on a rock station here in Chicago. According to the credits in the manual, they also intended on having a second talk radio station! "KRFS," or "Radio Free Stilwater," was supposed to be hosted by Bill Leff and Wendy Snyder, both of whom also hail from Chicago and currently host a talk show together on WGN Radio. I wish we knew more about this, and I have no idea why they were cut from the game.
Remember in Saints Row IV, There are no commercials, jingles, station IDs, Just DJ dialogues and music.

Something what I would like to see in the next Saints Row is something like Bloodborne: Trick Weapons, a weapon what can transform into another

Last edited:
Back