Singa

Succubus
Staff member
Have you ever thought to yourself, "Man, Troy somehow aged 30 years since the first game."?
Well, I have, and that's why I made this mod to make him look somewhat younger than the base game.

I have removed the wrinkles around his eyes and mouth, reduced his nasolabial folds, and added some more saturation to his skin in order to give him a less decrepit look.
I intentionally kept the bags under his eyes since I wanted him to still have the aesthetic of a stressed out, guilt-ridden, overworked chief of police.

Screenshots:

young troy comparison.png

Installing:

To install it simply move the "snpc_troy.peg_pc" and "snpc_troy.g_peg_pc" from this mod's folder to "Gentlemen Of The Row" > "optional_mod_stuff" > "1-MODDERS_-_PUT_YOUR_OWN_PERSONAL_MODS_HERE", build a new patch and install it as usual.

To uninstall it, remove "snpc_troy.peg_pc", "snpc_troy.g_peg_pc" from "Gentlemen Of The Row" > "optional_mod_stuff" > "1-MODDERS_-_PUT_YOUR_OWN_PERSONAL_MODS_HERE", build a new patch and install it again as you always do.

Hope you enjoy his updated look!

Credits:

Masamaru: Made the texture tools I used to extract and repack the textures.

IdolNinja and the GotR team: For giving us Gentlemen of the Row and being generally awesome.

Rick for gibbed tools to extract the files.

Attachments

• Younger Troy.rar
    1.3 MB · Views: 257
It should be possible by editing the character itself. Colors like clothing, hair and eyes are not pre-textured but have what color they are determined elsewhere. I never played around with that stuff, but it appears it's not as simple as just changing the color in snpc_troy.xtbl from green_6 to dark_brown_6 (the color Maero's eyes use), as he still showed up with green eyes in the cutscenes, so I don't know what else has to be done to make those changes show up in game.

It is possible to switch his eye colors with dark brown? just like in sr1
Oh yeah! now I see it, it's so obvious that was off about him.
It should be possible by editing the character itself. Colors like clothing, hair and eyes are not pre-textured but have what color they are determined elsewhere. I never played around with that stuff, but it appears it's not as simple as just changing the color in snpc_troy.xtbl from green_6 to dark_brown_6 (the color Maero's eyes use), as he still showed up with green eyes in the cutscenes, so I don't know what else has to be done to make those changes show up in game.
In my experience, changing npc xtbl colours can be hit or miss. I've managed to change Maero's hair to Brunette, but when I tried to change Kazuo's hair colour, it defaulted to White Primary and Redhead Secondary, whatever colour I tried applying.

With Female Prison Overhaul, the prisoner's hair could only be changed to black (by default the secondary was Bright Green). But I had no issues changing the colour of the Jumpsuit. It seems as though each NPC has a list of permittable colours somewhere in a file we can't access with current modding tools.

Perhaps this list of permittable colours was used as a suggested palette to help during development, which might explain why Taylor (the Fight Club Prison Guard) has incorrect uniform colours. From what I understand, Volition's monitors didn't all display colour equally. Perhaps it looked right to one developer on one monitor when the colours were chosen, but evidently not on other monitors.

Great work on Troy! I will mention though, he still has that weird red line around his neck. I guess it's supposed to be a baked-in shadow, but it just looks more like he's been strangled!

Great work on Troy! I will mention though, he still has that weird red line around his neck. I guess it's supposed to be a baked-in shadow, but it just looks more like he's been strangled!
Hey, what Troy and Dex get up to in their spare time is their business. No judgements here.

Back