Working Elevators mod - Back To Syndicate Tower

tried putting allfiles in main directory and nothing happened. tried repacking everything in the packfiles and no good. I did just now after trying your mod and failed,decided to put in idol ninja mission replay. it worked perfect. I even repacked all his files into the packfiles and replayed the good heists go bad and was fun as h@#$#$%%%. But what exactly does your mod supposed to do? I saw the edited lines in the sr3 city lua file but is it supposed to make the player actualy see the elevater go up during the ride or what. saints hq did same as always and just teleported me to the penthouse.
You know all those elevators that do nothing after you've completed the campaign? It makes them all work. They work just like that elevator from the Saints HQ ground floor to the penthouse crib, except you don't get a prompt on the screen. It doesn't change any elevators that already work (such as Saints HQ). So, you can take the elevators all the way to the top of Syndicate Tower, for example.

Last edited:
You know all those elevators that do nothing after you've completed the campaign? It makes them all work (like the other elevators that DO work). So, you can take the elevators all the way to the top of Syndicate Tower, for example.
so basicly you just reactivated the elevators that don't work after the game completed? I started over since I did my beta 2009 mod to test the gameplay and any glitches. you should try it, its fun. new gangs and gameplay, and they drive cool cars. anyways, I did integrate all your files into the packfiles, so I will see what happens as I go. but cool idea. too bad we couldn't make a mod where the player actually sees the elevator ride as it goes up in real life. you know like the small section in Belgian problems where the elevator is moving then jams. maybe we could use that small section of it to create a real elevator ride.

too bad we couldn't make a mod where the player actually sees the elevator ride as it goes up in real life. you know like the small section in Belgian problems where the elevator is moving then jams. maybe we could use that small section of it to create a real elevator ride.
Yes, that would be cool. I basically did what the game did during most missions, which is just a teleport.

pretty smart mod my friend. I saw the codes you made and I would have never figured that out. if you get a free minute sometime I could use help with my beta 2009 mod.
I'd be happy to help, but I'm having some problems finding time to do all this fun stuff lately, unfortunately. :( But you can friend me on Steam and we can chat there sometime. :)
In case you might need it, try this tool I made from gamequbes original version. It will update almost any asm file in the game for you all the way down to the stream grid.
Nice! :D

Fan of Saints has already graciously provided a screen shot showing where you enter the tower. :D
User error. stand in front of door(looks closed till you restore building by standing in front of the door and hold y for 1 second.
This is map location:
Screenshot19448.jpg

This is proof it works:
Screenshot14174.jpg

This is me after combining your mod with mission replay:
Screenshot18889.jpg

And this file combines your standalone mod with mission replay and disables most tutorial popups:D

Attachments

• sr3_city.lua
    75.3 KB · Views: 337
Back