Working Elevators mod - Back To Syndicate Tower

Version 3.0 has been released.
This version adds prompts to all elevators, just like all the other built-in elevators in the game. All you have to do is walk into the elevator (or near one, in some cases) and you'll see a message to take the elevator. This is really the way I wanted it to work from the beginning, but I didn't know how to do it. Thank you to Fan of Saints for showing me the Lua function necessary to add this great feature and inspiring me to create this new version. And, if you like this mod, please try out Fan of Saints' new Sandbox+ - Things To Do In Dominatrix Edition, which adds a lot of elevators to Saints Row IV.
Stand in front of door(looks closed till you restore building by standing in front of the door and hold y for 1 second.
You'll now see a prompt to OPEN DOOR. Then just press the USE button.
This is map location ... This is proof it works ...
Thanks, VIPER VENOM! :)
And this file combines your standalone mod with mission replay and disables most tutorial popups:D
Will need an update now. :D

Last edited:
Version 3.0 has been released.
This version adds prompts to all elevators, just like all the other built-in elevators in the game. All you have to do is walk into the elevator (or near one, in some cases) and you'll see a message to take the elevator. This is really the way I wanted it to work from the beginning, but I didn't know how to do it. Thank you to Fan of Saints for showing me the Lua function necessary to add this great feature and inspiring me to create this new version. And, if you like this mod, please try out Fan of Saints' new Sandbox+ - Things To Do In Dominatrix Edition, which adds a lot of elevators to Saints Row IV.

You'll now see a prompt to OPEN DOOR. Then just press the USE button.

Thanks, VIPER VENOM! :)

Will need an update now. :D
Well done my friend;)verify my work though. Worked properly for me.

my friend, you think we can create a standalone version to integrate into my beta 2009 mod?
The latest release already includes a stand alone version. You're welcome to use it in your mod as long as you give me credit and link to this topic.

The latest release already includes a stand alone version. You're welcome to use it in your mod as long as you give me credit and link to this topic.
Absolutely my friend. I always make sure to give credits. My question would be, people seem to have issues using the standalone version with sandbox just the same as mine in beta 2009. Is there a way we could combine them to work together?

My question would be, people seem to have issues using the standalone version with sandbox just the same as mine in beta 2009. Is there a way we could combine them to work together?
The Stand Alone version of my elevator mod should not be used with Sandbox+. There's a separate Sandbox+ version in the mod package that should be used with Sandbox+. The Sandbox+ version of my elevator mod combines my customized "sr3_city.lua" file with the Sandbox+ version of the same file. So if you follow the instructions in the readme.txt file exactly, the two mods work perfectly together. I apologize in advance if I'm not understanding the problem correctly.

The Stand Alone version of my elevator mod should not be used with Sandbox+. There's a separate Sandbox+ version in the mod package that should be used with Sandbox+. The Sandbox+ version of my elevator mod combines my customized "sr3_city.lua" file with the Sandbox+ version of the same file. So if you follow the instructions in the readme.txt file exactly, the two mods work perfectly together. I apologize in advance if I'm not understanding the problem correctly.
Understood my friend:). Appreciate the help and I will surely provide a link to your forum just for the great help ;). Was my mistake for not folully reading your given instructions as I am not a sandbox user yet want my mods to work fully in conjunction with it.

To answer your question, the Belgian problem plays just fine with your zone swap changes. Even with mission replay. I tested it both ways yesterday and all still worked fine. I have yet to see any functional errors that effect the gameplay with or without mission replay. Though I have only tested the standalone version and the other, I have yet to try 3.0. Not sure if anyone answered this question yet but I thought it may be usefull feedback. As always, keep up the incredible work.

I do believe you have created some of the best programming i have seen yet:)
Thank you! I appreciate the compliment. :)
To answer your question, the Belgian problem plays just fine with your zone swap changes. Even with mission replay.
That's great to know! Thanks for testing it for me! :)
I will remove that warning from first post then. If it works with version 2.x, it will work with version 3.0.

Back