Three questions

Like I said in my previous post, you drag the peg_pc file on to the exe. i.e. PegTool.exe. Take a screenshot of both your folder and of the error and attach/link them.

At the second picture. Where the error shows up, after that windows message, That screen goes away, and nothing happens.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    43.6 KB · Views: 529
  • Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 498
Looking at that particular file, flamethrower.peg_pc doesn't have any textures inside of it, but it still did work successfully for me and create a .desc file. If you look at your screenshot you'll even see that both files are only 1k. Try extracting an actual texture this time like from p_flamethrower.peg_pc (and naturally it's corresponding g_peg_pc file) and see if you still get an error.

I tried p_flamethrowe.peg_pc , still the same. I really don't understand what I'm doing wrong, 'cause I followed all steps .. Could it be something in the ''pegs'' or ''textures'' folder ?

Are you first copying the peg and g_peg_pc file into your tools folder and then dragging the peg_pc file on to PegTool.exe?

Try creating a batch file in that folder so that the console window will stay open with any errors after running it. Something like test.bat with the following contents:
PegTool unpack p_flamethrower.peg_pc
pause

Take a screenshot of the still open console window after running it so I can see the actual error.

Also, do you have the latest version of .NET installed that the tools need to work correctly?
http://www.microsoft.com/net

Yes, I copy them to the folders where the tools are located. then I drag them on to PegTool.exe. I attached a pic about what you suggested.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    151.7 KB · Views: 514
I did both yes, I downloaded all again, and now it seem to be working, I got a .desc-file. I think it's all okay now. Thank you very much IdolNinja ! =D

Well uhm ,, I tried to modify the png-file. Run Build.bat and copied the patch.vpp_pc file to SR2 folder, my game crashes everytime I try to open it. And putting the original file back isn't helping

Did you modify the desc file and change the flags like it said to? Did you repack the peg_pc and g_peg_pc files by dragging the new desc file on to pegtool?

Back