[TEXTURE] *UPDATE* The Real Iron Saint armor MK2 and MK3

Yes, it seems to me that the file looks specifically for the default game install location when you run it (which is why mine works even though I did not extract the tools in the game's root folder)

Tyrilha, something is definitely wrong there.

Try downloading the tools again and see if you get the same thing.

It almost looks like it's not finding your steam installation properly.
Press and hold the windows-logo key on your keyboard and then press R to bring up a run command window.
Type regedit into the prompt and press enter.
This will bring up the registry editor.
On the left hand side, you should see Computer with several entries underneath it, all of them starting with HKEY_
Find HKEY_CURRENT_USER and browse down until you find this entry:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\Steam
Once you have that highlighted, you should see a value in the right-hand window for "SteamPath"

Make sure that value is the same location that your Steam is actually installed in.

If it's different, follow the steps in this article to re-initialize your steam installation:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7418-YUBN-8129

Saint Row 4 is installed in a SteamLibrary Folder (SSD) not in Steam main folder
Could that create such a problem ?

This could definitely cause the issue.
What method did you use to move your library to the SSD?

This could definitely cause the issue.
What method did you use to move your library to the SSD?
I didn't moved it
In steam I have created a SteamLibrary on my SSD for games that I play a lot and/or need faster loading
When I installed SR4 it asked me where I wanted to install it: Normal or SteamLibrary
I chose the second

Anyway I fixed it.
I opened a console and ran ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.Stream2.exe
I got error

Missing required parameter 1 "source" in command line ""

Saints Row Stream2 File Tool
Performs various actions on Stream2 files (ASM files). Supports Saints Row IV.

ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.Stream2 source action

source The Stream2 Container to process.
action The action to perform. Valid actions are "dump" and "update".

So I did ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.Stream2 customize_item.asm_pc update

Et voilà ! It works !

I didn't moved it
In steam I have created a SteamLibrary on my SSD for games that I play a lot and/or need faster loading
Nice, didn't know you could do that. I just install it to normal location and then copy the files over to the SSD with a Symlink

When I installed SR4 it asked me where I wanted to install it: Normal or SteamLibrary
I chose the second

Anyway I fixed it.

Glad you got it working :D

Can you check that Registry location I listed before and see if it has an entry in there anywhere for your Steam Library?
Might be good to make Mini aware of this info so he can update the tool to be Library Aware.

Registry has G:\Steam as SteamPath
(my SSD Library is F:\SteamLibrary)
It seems the libraries are fully handled by Steam
Here is how to create some

SteamLibrairies.jpg

So if one has a mod that recolors a piece of clothing like this, will people you co-op with see the new colors or the default colors?

@Bloodjack I'm making a recolor of my own. It's not done yet, but assuming I can get it to work, I'd like to release it.

It's a derivative of your work, so I'm not sure whether I should hand you the archive to include in the OP, or make my own separate release thread. If everyone released their own recolor as a separate thread, I imagine it would lead to a lot of forum clutter.

Edit: Success! Sort of.

2dkbeh1.jpg

It still needs a bit of work, there are some pixellated shenanigans going on that need to be buffed out.

Last edited:
So if one has a mod that recolors a piece of clothing like this, will people you co-op with see the new colors or the default colors?
the others probably didnt see it as long they not have the same mod installed.
The nice thing about Volition's SR3/SR4 engine is your co-op partner will see the new texture on your character.
They however will not get that same texture on there version of the same suit (unless they install the retexture mod).
So you can Co-Op with just texture mods...

But not so much with table Alterations mods...
Mods like: a Superpower tweaks mod, Ninja's Hydraulic mod, Joe's Weapon mod, and pretty much any thing that make changes to the way the game plays... both players would need for Co-Op.

The nice thing about Volition's SR3/SR4 engine is your co-op partner will see the new texture on your character.
They however will not get that same texture on there version of the same suit (unless they install the retexture mod).
So you can Co-Op with just texture mods...

That's incredible. Usually any clientside files will only affect the game for the client.

As for the re-texture not applying to the co-op partner's clothing, that's actually the way it should be. If you had two people with two different re-textures of the same piece of clothing, you wouldn't want one to override the other.

Last edited:
Back