SRIV SDK Release B: Adding New Customization Items

I just installed this item and well... it works:

I changed my maya file bones properties so they are almost identical to the ones for this cape. However, i just cant replicate this effect. Im starting to think that is not only the fbx file that needs extra info, but maybe a trick or series of steps while using the converter? I guess we have to wait until Flow comes back:(
There's no trick with the converter as far as I remember, it's all properties in the maya scene. Like Henry08 said, you need to set all kinds of extra attributes for the bones, e.g. the bone id. Bone Ids are less of a guessing game than you think, you can simply look into a rig file that's using the simulation data you want to copy with a hex editor. Let's have a look at cf_suit_superherob.rig_pc, the rig I tried to reproduce for the cape:
upload_2019-1-9_11-9-57.png

At the end of the file is a list of bone names and the bone id is just the place of the bone in that list. Since the bones we need in maya are the 20 last bones in this list and from the top of my head, I think the bulge bone has the id 67, cape0101 should be 68, cape0102 - 69, cape0103 - 70, ... , cape0405 - 78. (These values aren't necessarily correct, didn't have time to go through the list one by one :p)

Oh, and when you copy the sim_pc file, don't forget to change the name string at the top of your file to your rig's name. You can't change the length of the hex file though or else it will break. cf_suit_superherob.sim_pc:
upload_2019-1-9_11-23-11.png

needs to be changed to
upload_2019-1-9_11-24-24.png

Don't let me forget to make a proper write-up on this topic, things are really busy atm. Hope this helps for the moment!

:eek::eek::eek::eek: Oh my i get it know, so we have to use an existing rig file instead of creating one with the converter, I guess this was my my issue lol. Thank you Flow!

Don't let me forget to make a proper write-up on this topic, things are really busy atm. Hope this helps for the moment!

Sure no worries :p

Another test failed... okay i give up :oops: lol

Tried with different rigs and sim files, same result in all of them.

View attachment 21051 View attachment 21052
I guess you doesn't understand the concept. To make it works you need
1)Import original item mesh with 3d max plugin
2)Re-create addition bone chain with character template skeleton
3)Skin your mesh to this chain
4)Set right name and id to the bone chain
5)Convert mesh without rigx replacing
6)Change sim pc file header by hex editor

I guess you doesn't understand the concept. To make it works you need
1)Import original item mesh with 3d max plugin
2)Re-create addition bone chain with character template skeleton
3)Skin your mesh to this chain
4)Set right name and id to the bone chain
5)Convert mesh without rigx replacing
6)Change sim pc file header by hex editor

I̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶v̶e̶,̶ ̶t̶r̶i̶e̶d̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶l̶a̶c̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶k̶e̶e̶p̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶i̶g̶s̶,̶ ̶s̶t̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶g̶o̶t̶ ̶w̶e̶i̶r̶d̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶u̶l̶t̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶m̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶t̶i̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶s̶u̶c̶c̶e̶d̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶s̶p̶e̶c̶i̶f̶i̶c̶ ̶s̶i̶m̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶l̶f̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶k̶e̶l̶e̶t̶o̶n̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶c̶e̶ ̶d̶u̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶e̶x̶t̶r̶a̶ ̶b̶o̶n̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶c̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶i̶g̶ ̶f̶i̶l̶e̶.̶

Nevermind, I finally got it :p Thanks guys

Still can get the weights right tho...

Last edited:
Back