1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SRIV SDK Release B: Adding New Customization Items

Discussion in 'Steam Workshop' started by flow754, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Can you explain ir_sr3pchair shader and its DOB map and Flow Map? I can assume by its name that is hair shader but that all. I am testing all shaders and want to figure out how it works.

2. flow754

flow754 Modding patch tester

Flow maps store directional information in every pixel. They're often used in games to fake flowing fluids, hence the name, but they can also be used to control the direction of anisotropic reflections on a surface. In SR they're used to make specular highlights follow individual hairstrands. Check out this tutorial to see how you can paint them yourself: http://polycount.com/discussion/98983/how-to-paint-flow-anisotropic-comb-maps-in-photoshop
    As for DOB maps, I haven't really figured them out yet. When I once asked Rob Rypka about them, he told me DOB probably stands for "Diffuse Opacity Blend", but also said that no one he asked at the studio knew exactly what they're for. So, I guess a DOB map just contains three otherwise unrelated grayscale textures in its red, green and blue channel.

3. Thank you a lot. I didn't know anything about. Do you know what slots are using for Flow and DOB maps?