SRIV SDK Release B: Adding New Customization Items

I wrote a detailed explanation about retexturing cloned items some time ago if that's what you need. If there's anything you don't immediately understand I suggest you read the previous posts in the thread as well. Hope this helps! https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum...int-armor-mk2-and-mk3.4378/page-14#post-99577
Can you explain ir_sr3pchair shader and its DOB map and Flow Map? I can assume by its name that is hair shader but that all. I am testing all shaders and want to figure out how it works.

Can you explain ir_sr3pchair shader and its DOB map and Flow Map? I can assume by its name that is hair shader but that all. I am testing all shaders and want to figure out how it works.
Flow maps store directional information in every pixel. They're often used in games to fake flowing fluids, hence the name, but they can also be used to control the direction of anisotropic reflections on a surface. In SR they're used to make specular highlights follow individual hairstrands. Check out this tutorial to see how you can paint them yourself: http://polycount.com/discussion/98983/how-to-paint-flow-anisotropic-comb-maps-in-photoshop
As for DOB maps, I haven't really figured them out yet. When I once asked Rob Rypka about them, he told me DOB probably stands for "Diffuse Opacity Blend", but also said that no one he asked at the studio knew exactly what they're for. So, I guess a DOB map just contains three otherwise unrelated grayscale textures in its red, green and blue channel.

Flow maps store directional information in every pixel. They're often used in games to fake flowing fluids, hence the name, but they can also be used to control the direction of anisotropic reflections on a surface. In SR they're used to make specular highlights follow individual hairstrands. Check out this tutorial to see how you can paint them yourself: http://polycount.com/discussion/98983/how-to-paint-flow-anisotropic-comb-maps-in-photoshop
As for DOB maps, I haven't really figured them out yet. When I once asked Rob Rypka about them, he told me DOB probably stands for "Diffuse Opacity Blend", but also said that no one he asked at the studio knew exactly what they're for. So, I guess a DOB map just contains three otherwise unrelated grayscale textures in its red, green and blue channel.
Thank you a lot. I didn't know anything about. Do you know what slots are using for Flow and DOB maps?

How about LODs? Does converter support it? If not, how the game will behave yourself with 0 LOD?
As far as I know, LOD meshes aren't used at all for weapons and clothing items, only world assets like buildings have custom LODs included in their mesh files (which, for that reason, are called lmesh_pc files). The converter sadly doesn't support exporting lmesh_pc files.

As far as I know, LOD meshes aren't used at all for weapons and clothing items, only world assets like buildings have custom LODs included in their mesh files (which, for that reason, are called lmesh_pc files). The converter sadly doesn't support exporting lmesh_pc files.
Ok, thank you. I will test how npc models are working without lods but I have a bad feeling. I bet they will be disappeared on little distance.

Ok, thank you. I will test how npc models are working without lods but I have a bad feeling. I bet they will be disappeared on little distance.
I think NPCs all have a common LOD model that's stored in a separate file. Volition used to often play as that LOD NPC in their "break the build" SRIV streams back in the day. I'm pretty sure the mesh was called something along the lines of "distant_human".

Ok here i am trying to make a mod but i am puzzled whether the mods i make will be customizable in game or not...like will i be able to change colour for my modded outfits.....

Ok here i am trying to make a mod but i am puzzled whether the mods i make will be customizable in game or not...like will i be able to change colour for my modded outfits.....
Yes you can. The textures with colour customization will have very deep hues to indicate this (Example: Red, Blue, Green). You can set the default colours or remove the option completely by editing the customize_item.xtbl file. It's all in the tutorial.

Back