Shiny clothes for the main character

Right. I placed all the custmesh files and the 'for all shinies v2' into my main directory and it seemed to work fine. I only started the game on a hunch thinking it would, the vixen corset was more "shiny" than usual, so I assumed it work and logged off. I'll play with it some more though.

That 's because this asm_pc file is created especially for usage with all the custmesh files at once. If you only install "true fit jeans" and "vixen corset" for example and then install "customize_item.asm_pc" from one of the "for all shinies..." folder with it, the game will crash eventually at certain points.

Basically the data of the custmesh files you 'll find in there are certain filesizes, shown in bytes, that have to match.
I know it 's a real pain that one always has to update that asm_pc file. But you can 't expect me to create an asm_pc file for every possible combination.

The real solutions would be that those modded files could be added to the game as new clothing, instead of replacing the old ones. But I haven 't got so far (yet). If someone already found the way how to do this, please let me know, I would be very grateful.

Yeah, just crashed. I don't know. This is much more hassle than I personally think it's worth. Not trying to downplay the mod any because it's really neat but, meh.

Superdemus, would you mind if I wrote up a quick batch installer for it similar to what I've done for Gentlemen of Steelport? It would allow the user to select what clothing items he wanted from a menu and then dynamically build the asm_pc file for them.

Superdemus, would you mind if I wrote up a quick batch installer for it similar to what I've done for Gentlemen of Steelport? It would allow the user to select what clothing items he wanted from a menu and then dynamically build the asm_pc file for them.
Oh sure! That would be great! Thanks in advance!

Hey Zhakalin,

Here are the modded clothes you 've requested.
The textures of the "not so innocent boots" have also been edited so they 're more corresponding to the wild child skirt.
And the "tubetop with jacket" is modded into two versions: one with a shiny tubetop and the other with a matte one.
Open the readme files first and everything should be clear for selecting the associated asm_pc file.

Enjoy!

superb, thank you very much for this.

ps.

tested and it works perfectly, looks very good!

I think that's a great idea because this is one of the most complex mods due to it having so many files and options to use only some or all of them.

Here's a batch installer that builds the shiny clothing mods based on what options you choose in the menus. It also dynamically updates customize_items.asm_pc file correctly using Minimaul's latest tools release:
http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/index.php?threads/gibbed-tools.639/

I have not thoroughly tested it in-game with each option yet, so feedback would be great.

Superdemus, feel free to modify as needed and reattach a new version to the OP.

Attachments

• shiny_clothing_mods_superdemus_batch_installer.rar
    41.2 MB · Views: 892
Thanks Idol. I'll test it right now and post the quick synopsis of my findings.

Edit: So far so good, it works perfectly. Good job gents and thanks.

Forgot to take a screenshot but, after a while the text begins to overlap itself and buttons become unresponsive forcing for a complete close of the game. Oh well.

You mentioned this problem before. Are you absolutely certain that you removed all previous mods before using this?

The problem is that if there were any previous loose files still in your install folder that use this asm_pc then it will absolutely cause issues like you are having.

Back