Shiny Clothes 4 MC

Yo Superdemus
What section of the ccmesh_pc do you change to get the wet look?
If I knew this I could help out with some of the smaller items...
what would i need to do if I wanted to apply the shiny look to items myself?
Someone asked me the same question a few months back and I 've given him some hints about how to do it. I 'll link you to the post I 've written back then, click here.

Last edited:
Thanks I'll look into trying this, also I was poking around the customization_items.pc and couldnt make heads or tails of, could you possibly point me towards something that would tell me what item each file corresponds to?

where do you find the name of an item to cross reference it to the str2 and cmorph file names.
@Bring the Noise: About seeking out the right .str2_pc files. I have a few methods that make the search somewhat easier. I 'll come back to that asap.
Thanks I'll look into trying this, also I was poking around the customization_items.pc and couldnt make heads or tails of, could you possibly point me towards something that would tell me what item each file corresponds to?
Most of the time it 's a bit of guesswork. Anyhow, this is what I do:
1) I search through the 'customization_stores.xtbl', looking after a filename that might be the item that I seek. Then I copy the name.
001.png
2) With windows explorer I go to a map in which the 'customize_item.vpp_pc' is unpacked, along with all the .str2_pc unpacked in it. There I do a search with the name i 've copied earlier. When you see the search results, look to the right and you can see the name of the .str2_pc file in the directory path.
002.png
3) Sometimes you don 't have any results with a name like 'impressions boots' or something . Instead do a search in the 'customization_items.xtbl'.
003.png
Then type a few times on the 'right arrow' on your keyboard and do a search after 'mesh'. With that search you 'll land on the mesh filename of that item and you can use that for the search in the 'customize_item.vpp_pc'.
004.png
4) Eventually after you 've found your .str_pc files you can check if it is the right one, for example by unpacking the cpeg/gpec files and comparing the texture maps with the clothing item you are seeking out.

Like I said, most of the time it requires guesswork. Sometimes it is even one of the hardest parts for me in modding a clothing item in SR3/SR4. But with the tips above it should be a lot easier.
I 've also attached an excel file where you 'll find all the names of the clothes written in the 'customization_stores.xtbl'. Along with a .bat file for unpacking all the .str2_pc files in once (be aware that the unpack will take roughly 10 minutes). I thought that might be helpfull.

Attachments

• attachments.zip
    39 KB · Views: 457
i tried this but the same message is still appearing any other suggestions?
When you open '...\SR4ShinyClothes_1.0\Installer' you should see 4 maps and 1 file (the 'ShinyClothes4MC-Installer').

snapshot.png

* MY_CUSTOM_SHINY_CLOTHES: The mod you 'll prepare with the 'ShinyClothes4MC-Installer' will be stored here, ready to be copied to the SR4 root folder.
* shine_clothes: This is the map where the modded files are archived.
* temp_workspace: This map should be present for preparations when using the 'ShinyClothes4MC-Installer'.
* tools: Minimauls SR4 tools are stored here.

If one of those maps is missing, then something 's gone wrong and I suggest you download 'SR4ShinyClothes_1.0' again.
When you open 'SR4ShinyClothes_1.1' (an update for 'SR4ShinyClothes_1.0'), the thing you have to do is to copy the map 'Installer' over that one of 'SR4ShinyClothes_1.0'.
You will get a message with the question to overwrite existing files, answer 'yes' to all of them.

When you open '...\SR4ShinyClothes_1.0\Installer' you should see 4 maps and 1 file (the 'ShinyClothes4MC-Installer').

View attachment 4869

* MY_CUSTOM_SHINY_CLOTHES: The mod you 'll prepare with the 'ShinyClothes4MC-Installer' will be stored here, ready to be copied to the SR4 root folder.
* shine_clothes: This is the map where the modded files are archived.
* temp_workspace: This map should be present for preparations when using the 'ShinyClothes4MC-Installer'.
* tools: Minimauls SR4 tools are stored here.

If one of those maps is missing, then something 's gone wrong and I suggest you download 'SR4ShinyClothes_1.0' again.
When you open 'SR4ShinyClothes_1.1' (an update for 'SR4ShinyClothes_1.0'), the thing you have to do is to copy the map 'Installer' over that one of 'SR4ShinyClothes_1.0'.
You will get a message with the question to overwrite existing files, answer 'yes' to all of them.

thanks for the help but all that i had to do was open the .bat files in notepad++ and it worked for some reason. Haha i have no idea why that fixed it

Look up for the said clothes in Nobody Loves Me and Leather & Lace. They're clothes that are already in the game, the mod just gives them a wetsuit or leather shine depending of what you choose.

They still look awesome to me and hope the author will have time to add steelport hero & steelport heroine suits if he can. :)

Back