Shiny Clothes 4 MC

Like "Shiny clothes for the main character" for SR3, this mod changes the specular settings in the .ccmesh_pc files of a particular set of clothing, so they appear shiny ingame.
Currently I 'm trying to port all the recurring clothes that were modded in the previous game.
Install instructions are added with the mod.

1. Compatibility:
If you have doubts about the compatibility with another mods then check their files and see if a file called 'customize_item.asm_pc' is present.
If it is, then copy that file and overwrite the one this mod uses (it 's located at: ...\SR4ShinyClothes_1.2\Installer\shine_clothes\1_asm).
Before doing that always take in mind to create the necessary backup(s) first.

2. Current Version:
SR4ShinyClothes_1.2:
'SR4ShinyClothes_1.0' and 'SR4ShinyClothes_1.1' merged as one download to prevent further misunderstandings about incomplete folders and files.
Still working on version 2.0 (it has been in hold for a while).

Credits go to:
Volition for creating the Saints Row franchise;
Minimaul for "Minimaul's Saints Row IV tools";
IdolNinja for creating the batch installer;
Scanti for the SR3 texture utilities (they also work for the SR4 texture files).

image.png

Attachments

• SR4ShinyClothesUninstaller.7z
    9.3 KB · Views: 5,185
  • SR4ShinyClothes_1.2.7z
    9.7 MB · Views: 28,744
Last edited:
Awesome! I was wondering when this was gonna be ported over. It seems the only shiny clothing in SR4 by default are the Funtime Suit and the Sci Fantasy outfits and I kinda missed all of the other outfits being shiny.

Hey, could you throw in the bomber jacket? I actually became kind of fond of it in SRTT, and it's ugly as **** in this game. Shine it up pls? <3

Thanks for converting this for saints row iv . i have a bit of problem , i can see leathery looks in game for wild child pants but when i try to load a save with it equipped the game just dosent load it simply freezes and crashes to desktop.

A much loved mod in SRTT and a very welcome addition to SR4. Well done again.

Thanks for converting this for saints row iv . i have a bit of problem , i can see leathery looks in game for wild child pants but when i try to load a save with it equipped the game just dosent load it simply freezes and crashes to desktop.
It seems the wild child pants in Saints Row IV does have a graphical glitch. When you see the vanilla version, the leggings have holes in it that reveal the player 's legs. While the legs are visible in the wardrobe they seem to appear black ingame as you can see at the screenshots:
screenshots.png

I 've tried to solve this by using the "Wild Child Pants" files of Saints Row The Third. But this causes the game to crash when you load a savegame where your player is wearing that item, like you 've noticed. Unfortunatly this problem remains unsolved for the moment.

The other clothes and requests are still work in progress.

It's a simple fix, you only need to use an alpha channel to make those black textures, that resemble those holes, transparent.
EDIT: tried myself but nevermind.

Last edited:
It seems the wild child pants in Saints Row IV does have a graphical glitch. When you see the vanilla version, the leggings have holes in it that reveal the player 's legs. While the legs are visible in the wardrobe they seem to appear black ingame as you can see at the screenshots:
View attachment 3801
I 've tried to solve this by using the "Wild Child Pants" files of Saints Row The Third. But this causes the game to crash when you load a savegame where your player is wearing that item, like you 've noticed. Unfortunatly this problem remains unsolved for the moment.

The other clothes and requests are still work in progress.
Thank you for the info :).

Thanks for this, great to know this is all in the works again! Absolutely loved the SR3 edition.

I'd like to request the Go-go Dress, Peep Toe Heels and Arm Warmers, if possible.

Back