Shiny Clothes 4 MC

Ah, good to know.

Will try again tonight with 7-Zip.

Thanks!

i do believe i got this little baby to work.

thanks guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great mod! I was hoping this would be ported over. Question though: is there any way to copy over the shiny textures from SR3? Because I'd love to import my custom set from there. Thanks again!

You can always try to swap with existing clothes in SR4.
Yesterday I renamed the files of the SR3 'true fit jeans' to the ones of the 'leather biker pants' in SR4. Then I packed those files as the .str2_pc file originally made for the 'leather biker pants'.
Eventually after placing the .str2_pc file in the SR4 root folder along with the loose cmorph and the updated asm the game seemed to work fine.

Here 's a screenshot of a modded 'true fit jeans' in taken in SR4:

Very nice. After reading about this I decided to give this a shot and it worked out somewhat well. Instead of using your example of the "Leather Biker pants" I used The "Board Shorts" to replace. It gave my character the -You've been sawed in half- with a small gap at her waist. Something I plan on looking into for a fix....maybe.

So what exactly happens if you try to copy the files from the SR3 version of this straight into a SR4 installation? Do some work and others dont? Are the file references different? What exactly is it that needs to be converted?

Ermm... When i try to run the .bat installer, i get some message like "temp working folder doesn't exist. Did you forget to extract the whole archieve?"
Any idea to fix this?
Btw, in your readme file through the screenshot i saw inside your folder there's 3 or 4 files, something like shine_clothes and temp_workspace and tools, but inside the folder i downloaded, there's only shine_clothes, any idea?

Ermm... When i try to run the .bat installer, i get some message like "temp working folder doesn't exist. Did you forget to extract the whole archieve?"
Any idea to fix this?
Btw, in your readme file through the screenshot i saw inside your folder there's 3 or 4 files, something like shine_clothes and temp_workspace and tools, but inside the folder i downloaded, there's only shine_clothes, any idea?
Did you forget to extract the whole archive?

Any idea to fix this?

Sounds like you did not use either WinRar or 7-zip to extract the archive, they are required.

Any idea to fix this?
'SR4ShinyClothes_1.1' is an update to 'SR4ShinyClothes_1.0', so both need to be merged as a whole. It 's explained in my first post but I should have added it as a 'readme' along with the .7z file.
I 'm going to remedy this by uploading the contents of both .7z 's as 'SR4ShinyClothes_1.2'.

Back