Sandbox+ for Saints Row IV

At first I read that as Mike Watson. Has anyone else noticed that similarity?

Considering we're calling next week's trip to Volition HQ where both of us are going the "Mike W Initiative", I'd say that's a solid yes.

Here's my working version of the script that has F (melee) + Delete setup to cycle through the different times of day. As I mentioned previously, some of them will only stay around for a few seconds before fading back into the previous one, and noir simply doesn't work at all. I'm trying to troubleshoot this with Mike Wilson, but I'm open to any suggestions in the meantime on why it's not working.

That's strange. I'll try looking into this and see if there's anything special with that override.

It's not just that one. Many of them do that.

Got it to work using this and oddly it seems to stay unlike the other ones. The only difference is I used a single keybind as opposed to a cycle (not like it matters :p)

Code:
                    mission_override_clear_all_temp()
                    set_time_of_day(0, 30) 
                    mission_override_push_temp( "noir_tod_override.todx" )
                    sandboxplus_message(" Simulation set to Noir")

2013-11-10_00007.jpg

Last edited:
Unless it's a specific preceding ToD that's stopping the noir one from working in my script.

Could be. This is what I wrote for a cycle. Feel free to try it and see if it works for you.

EDIT: Ah yes, I seem to be having the same problem as you've been having. The Noir effect works in the sky (albeit quickly fading out) but the color correction does not. This seems to be a zone-related issue as some work and some don't in different parts of the city for me, it's interesting.

Code:
if CURRENT_TIME_OF_DAY == 0 then
                    set_time_of_day(0, 30)          
                    mission_override_push_temp( "orange_tod_override.todx" )
                    sandboxplus_message(" Simulation set to Vengeance (midnight)")
                    CURRENT_TIME_OF_DAY = CURRENT_TIME_OF_DAY + 1
                elseif CURRENT_TIME_OF_DAY == 1 then
                    set_time_of_day(0, 30)          
                    mission_override_push_temp( "red_tod_override.todx" )
                    sandboxplus_message(" Simulation set to Rage (midnight)")
                elseif CURRENT_TIME_OF_DAY == 2 then
                    set_time_of_day(0, 30)          
                    mission_override_push_temp( "violet_tod_override.todx" )
                    sandboxplus_message(" Simulation set to Reunited (very early morning)")
                elseif CURRENT_TIME_OF_DAY == 3 then
                    set_time_of_day(2, 30)
                    mission_override_push_temp( "blue_pd_tod_override.todx" )
                    sandboxplus_message(" Simulation set to Empowered (predawn)")
                elseif CURRENT_TIME_OF_DAY == 4 then
                    set_time_of_day(7, 0)
                    mission_override_push_temp( "sunrise_tod_override.todx" )
                    sandboxplus_message(" Simulation set to Free (morning)")
                elseif CURRENT_TIME_OF_DAY == 5 then
                    set_time_of_day(0, 30)
                    mission_override_push_temp( "nm_dark_tod_override.todx" )
                    sandboxplus_message(" Simulation set to Nightmare ( Pierce )")
                elseif CURRENT_TIME_OF_DAY == 6 then
                    set_time_of_day(15, 0)
                    mission_override_push_temp( "nm_noon_tod_override.todx" )
                    sandboxplus_message(" Simulation set to Nightmare ( Pleasantville )")
                    CURRENT_TIME_OF_DAY = 0
                end

Last edited:
At first I read that as Mike Watson. Has anyone else noticed that similarity?
Elementary, my dear @JokeJujitsu...I first noticed this when Mike Watson, aka IdolNinja first appeared
in Volition's fifth Dev Diary about Saints Row IV on Youtube earlier in the summer.

And the funniest thing about him is that he has a striking resemblance to Gabe Newell
...however, Mike is more of a younger and somewhat slimmer version of Gaben himself!

Idolninja, you said something about a patch we don't have yet so I can't ask for a "test" release of the morphing I suppose but I got 2 questions. One when do you THINK least it can be released this will be a thought not a final decision or to put in other words, when do you expect release for this cool update you are working on. Second can you show some screenshots of Asha morph, Shaundi, Kensi and PERHAPS the one you get turned into on Asha odarkars mission to free her from the simulation, Female version. Since you showed the male versions and due to bigger bodys I expect them to work. But these have smaller bodies so I'd love to actually SEE how it looks if you do not mind.

Idolninja, you said something about a patch we don't have yet so I can't ask for a "test" release of the morphing I suppose but I got 2 questions. One when do you THINK least it can be released this will be a thought not a final decision or to put in other words, when do you expect release for this cool update you are working on. Second can you show some screenshots of Asha morph, Shaundi, Kensi and PERHAPS the one you get turned into on Asha odarkars mission to free her from the simulation, Female version. Since you showed the male versions and due to bigger bodys I expect them to work. But these have smaller bodies so I'd love to actually SEE how it looks if you do not mind.

I have no idea when the functionality will be patched into the public release of the game. Female morphs work exactly like you would expect. Size of the player doesn't matter at all. The morph changes your size to whatever the npc is.

Back