Saints Row 5 Ideas thread

I Actually kind of Like Illusive saint's Idea. I like the idea of creating a machine to protect the earth and actually have an entire final boss that is the Zin mothership. But I have a proposition too.

Throughout the game, you and your gang must Build/Find ship parts to upgrade and make the ship bigger. This way The tiny ship by the end of the game would be almost the size of the Zin mothership. So the ship could actually compete.
I don't know the scale of the Time Machine, but before using the machine, they should turn the now Saints-Zin Empire purple, so they don't get confused as to who to fire at when they go back in time. So when they travel in time to the past the President's new Empire armarda can destroy the Zinyak-Empire in space before they even land on Earth, and tell Past-Kinzie that she should be in charge of Planetery Defence so that Earth can be safe in future. Then go back to the Present to see the result.

I don't know, I'll always hope as soon as I get Saints Row V I'll see the boss putting down a controller in the first cinematics and telling Matt he finally did something good for a change XD meaning the whole Boss becoming a president and fighting aliens was just a videogame he created (He tried to create one for Nyteblade, but despite Josh Birk's recommendations, Matt was so stalkerish and obsessed they never listened to him, so he created one where the boss was the protagonist instead).
I'd also like to see Johnny Gat coming back with a more 'realistic' explanation, like someone mentioned before maybe he was in the hospital the entire time, or he was trapped in a deserted tropical island after he jumped off the plane. I'd find it kind of amusing if he was in a comma in a hospital in Arapice Island the whole time, only waking up to see the zombie apocalypse (Yeah, that's a reference from certain zombie show).

I won't be a hypocrite and lie saying I didn't have fun playing Saints Row III and IV, but I prefer 100 times more the more realistic story of Saints Row 2. I could perfectly cope with The Third because despite of the changes the story still had thess mafia type gangs, but theystill were gangs at least, and while I enjoyed the superpowers and the whole crazy simulation thing, I think Volition went too far with the aliens. They could have made a whole new game with a different name with these ideas, but linking it to the Saints Row franchise just felt unnatural and wrong.

I'm of those who didn't hate the new games but I would like to see the series going back to their roots, and I personally think the following things would be appealing:

- We get to see Stillwater and the old pedestrians dynamics. Come on, Steelport was interesting for a bit because it was new, but recycling it for the third time would be boring. Old school fans like Stilwater because as it has been mentioned before, it had more areas to explore, more secrets, you could spend a whole day playing without engaging in the main campaign and just exploring or annoying pedestrians with the improvised weapons (Including them again would also be appreciated). I miss seeing the pdestrian's varied behaviors, like the group of old men playing cards outside your crib, the mines, the group of singing dudes in the street, the guy playing the guitar in the mall, the cheerleader squad and the random drunk driver saying they were too wasted to drive and hitting your car in the process. The city seemed more alive.

- Cribs. It also has been said before, one of the things most people enjoyed the most was the ability to modify our cribs: Having certain style, with certain set of tv, certain type of bed and choosing whether you wanted a domino table, a pool table, a pot with a plant or a stripper pole.

- Keeping the blue health drops, but still being able to buy drinks, food and drugs to enhance abilities. Sorry but the health drops are more convenient than the food system in SR2. If your health bar was dropping all you had to do is wait for the vacuum ability to pick heath for you or walk straight to it, and you'd have enough drops to survive a fight, while food was limited to just 4 slots. However the use of food and drinks to enhance the gameplay would be interesting. Maybe use certain drug that temporarily gives more melee power, a drink that increases your stamina for a while or a saints flow drink that gives you super sprint (Like that can of saints flow that Jimmy altered for you in SRIII).

-Layers for the clothes, piercings and old tattoos. Being able to use your favorite colour in a tee with the logo of your choice was one of the things I enjoyed the most, as a gamer who focuses and appreciates the visual side of the game and the customization freedom. I was bummed when I saw that SRTIII not only removed this feature, but the layers for the clothes, the ability to wear different sets of piercings (Now you either wear only one in an specific part of your face or a set that makes you look like a piercing junkie punk) and old designs of tattoos. The ones I used the most were the japanese sleeve worn by Jyunichi and some sort of tribal arrows, as well as others designs that didn't make it to other games.

- Jimmy was this weird science geek, if we're going to have crazy weapons like that shark rifle thing or a dubstep gun, why don't we have him as a recurrent character creating these things for the protagonist?

-Different character customization. Again, I enjoy customization way too much. I always prefer to create slim realistic males, and what did I find in the next two SR games? Despite trying to make my character slim he still looked like a bull or Oleg's little brother. Being able to create a thinner less bulky male would be great, curiously this issue didn't happen with the female avatars.

-Edited-: The option to see the cinematics again via tv!

- DEX, DEX, DEEEX! For the love of Genky pleaaaaase bring him back and let us get our revenge. And he was a great character, give him the story and (maybe) the death he deserves.

- Old characters. We already saw Luz from SR1 in the drug trafficking activity in SR2. We saw Mr. Wong again and we know Samson, the one who rigged the bomb for Aisha's car ins SR1 is the same guy who rigged the bomb for Shaundi and the boss to use it in prison in SR2. What happened with Tobias and Laura? Donnie? Angel, the baby Zimos? Viola? Troy, who seemed to reconnect with the saints again? Don't just make them disappear and show us what happened to them.

These are my two cents, I'm sure I'm missing something but that's everything I can think of for now :) Some of the things listed are things I've heard from other SR fans while others are just personal wishes, cheers!

Last edited:
Another thing. Bring back Grenades, ECT from SRt3. I Have never played SRt3 But I watched SRt3 gameplay and it made me question why grenades weren't in SR4.

And I kinda do want more of a realistic approach. I Think Peds should be more interactive instead of just target dummies to test your new gun on. Sure you had Compliments and Taunts. But I kind of would like to talk to the peds on the street? Am I the only one or what?

What happened with Tobias and Laura? Donnie? Angel, the baby Zimos? Viola? Troy,

Also Kinzie says in the cinematic before you go to the gat street-fighter. All those people. Practically dead. And Zimos made a return in the ETD DLC Mission pack.

My idea is
We forget that Saints Row the third, gat out of hell and IV happened. Remake steelport to a more living city, realistic and fun rival gangs. Basically like Saints Row 1 & 2 but on Steelport (and without voodoo...) Because I think the game lost it's meaning from SR TT it's a game about gangs not celebrities or aliens (even though they were great too don't get me wrong)

Also Kinzie says in the cinematic before you go to the gat street-fighter. All those people. Practically dead. And Zimos made a return in the ETD DLC Mission pack.

I wasn't sure if that Zimos was just part of the simulation or not, but then I remember we can see his chain and hat inside the zin ship and that made me wonder...

Interactive peds sounds great too btw. I remember those in SR 2 would give you at least 3 different answers only if you complimented them. They could go from "What do you want?" to "Maybe you aren't as bad as my mother says".

this too.

Something that got me thinking from that one: https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/if-volition-got-a-chance-to-make-saints-row-5.15976/

A cheap way to add a big amount of more music "for free" in a future SR title could be if it has a station which plays the radio music from older SR titles when they are installed. They do not come with the new SR; it requires to own (and have installed of course) previous SRs. Additional bonus: Some ppl might buy the older titles just because of that. If you do not have them; that station just plays static.

Back