SPOILERS Saints Row (2022) official info

I dunno if this right or not... But it looks like they show us in the demo was all of it :(
Gosh it is depressing to hear that the facial and body customization are so limited, it somehow seems to be even more restrictive in some ways than the already controversial character creator from 3.

Looking through that reddit and twitter, I am glad to feel vindicated in my disappointment about lack of face/body morphing and sliders. A lot of people seem to be struggling to make characters look how they want to.

It seems to have that same weird looking skin effect The Third Remastered did, where it somehow looks oily, plastic, and like coarse sandpaper at the same time. About 90 percent of the custom creations I've seen have unusually pronounced nasolabial folds (compared to their OC's or characters they are trying to make), are you not able to tweak that outside of presets?

Sorry for being so negative, I was really hoping for more than this, good character creators are discouragingly rare.

I wonder if new sliders can be added to the game (as a mod maybe). It was possible to add extra sliders in previous games, but the demo is hardly moddable and couldn't find anything in the files

Gosh it is depressing to hear that the facial and body customization are so limited, it somehow seems to be even more restrictive in some ways than the already controversial character creator from 3.

Looking through that reddit and twitter, I am glad to feel vindicated in my disappointment about lack of face/body morphing and sliders. A lot of people seem to be struggling to make characters look how they want to.

It seems to have that same weird looking skin effect The Third Remastered did, where it somehow looks oily, plastic, and like coarse sandpaper at the same time. About 90 percent of the custom creations I've seen have unusually pronounced nasolabial folds (compared to their OC's or characters they are trying to make), are you not able to tweak that outside of presets?

Sorry for being so negative, I was really hoping for more than this, good character creators are discouragingly rare.
No its okay i agree they should consistent with this word"Best customization ever"since they really dissapointing one of us with the customization.... But if they just stopped here looks like someone gonna doing their own job but dunno if they want to making tools for this game... The hair should be added more... So far the ponytail like the asian girl with Vampire looks impress me alot i'm gonna use that hair.

Just taking a look back at my initial reaction which happens to be just under an exact year before the new release date.
1655156005771.png

My current thoughts on the game are way more positive now.

In fact, once this game's released, I'll have to be pried away from my PC to get me off the game.

Last edited:
the more i mess with the character creator....the more im actually looking forward to this game...sure some features/sliders/clothing are a bit limited/restricted/wonky but the fact Volition decided to release JUST the creator, means they know for a FACT the first hour or so, EVERYONE will be too busy to creating/choosing a character...so by the time the game releases...its game on lol

plus im pretty sure there will be some sort of update/mod to unlock/expand the sliders or add more options/clothing in the future but that's just a thought...for now...THE BOSS is ready to go...

heres a meme:

1655214531551.png

1655214583510.png

FORMAT ALL

Love Saints Row so when I saw a trailer was out I thought right on! So I watch, first reaction - instant dislike for the characters but I thought, hey this is Saints Row and this is definitely a joke. At the end of the trailer the real Saints will appear in grand fashion and the punchline will blow us away....kind of like the end of the movie The Usual Suspects. Well, nope...they really did abandon the original characters. Then I read reactions confirming the end of the real SR, then I see long term fans and supporters get crapped on "haters gonna hate"....wow...so much for loyalty.

This new game? Looks like a good game, will say nothing bad about it because I havent nor will I play it (would like it if I could eliminate the characters right off the bat cause cannot get by my dislike for them).

So, they made a new game, thats fair. As many fans have voiced though this is not the 3rd Street Saints. If the original characters are abandoned, then why not sell the rights to someone else? Maybe wishful thinking but it would be cool if a developer was willing to make a 'real' Saints Row.

To those who do like this new game, my post is not meant to hurt your feelings, I am ok that you like it and its ok that I do not.

Back