Saints Row 2 Xenia Canary Install Issues: DLC Not Working

Hello,

I've been trying to get Saints Row 2 and it's DLC up and running through Flippy's vidoes and download links that he's provided in those vidoes telling you how to install them, and while I got the original Saints Row up and running along with its DLC and have it running nice and smooth, I just can't seem to get Saints Row 2 working no matter how many different times I've tried doing it and I can't get the DLC for it working at all.

Here's a screenshot of what version I have of it currently and what it keeps saying about the DLC's whenever I try to install them. (I also can't even access the Downloadable Content section and everytime I click on it with my Xbox One Wired Controller, nothing happens).

Sincerely,
YoungStallion94

Attachments

• Saints Row 2 DLC Issue.png
    Saints Row 2 DLC Issue.png
    367 KB · Views: 287
Make sure you have the correct Title update installed as it is required for DLC to work (different xex's from different regions can have there own special TU file, and in some cases some dlc is also locked to specific region xex files for the game and if there's any mismatch at all dlc and the tu won't properly load, however I can't remember the full details in that regard for sr2 for x360). Your dlc could also be corrupted in which case you will need clean rips of them and install them again. You may also need to clear the cache via xenia. You can do this by spamming F5 when the game is booting up or you can outright delete the cache folder in xenia. You may also want to delete recent.toml and the crash logs file. All have helped in getting sr2 dlc to work. In xenia sr2 dlc is spotty but usually that fixes it, and it can be a case of rinse and repeat with clearing cache and deleting the recent.toml files etc.

I tried all of that and nothing worked.

Would I be able to take my Saints Row digital download, its title update, and its DLC's off of my Xbox 360, and convert all of that to somehow work on my PC and the Xenia Canary emulator?

Edit #1: Also, this is what happened when I tried converting the base Saints Row 2 game into an ISO file from my Xbox 360 that I copied onto my USB Drive and tried running it in the Xenia Canary emulator.

Edit #2: Do you happen to know where I could find the US versions of Saints Row 2, its DLC, and it's title update to download because the stuff that I downloaded from the links on Flippy's website doesn't seem to be working for me, and I don't know if I have enough left in me to try on keeping to make a personal ISO for myself from what I have on my Xbox 360.

Edit #3: Btw, I'm both talking about and looking for the US/North American version of everything, as I live in the United States if that'll help clarify anything for you.

Attachments

• xenia (Saints Row 2 Iso Log).log
    5.7 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
I tried all of that and nothing worked.

Would I be able to take my Saints Row digital download, its title update, and its DLC's off of my Xbox 360, and convert all of that to somehow work on my PC and the Xenia Canary emulator?

Edit #1: Also, this is what happened when I tried converting the base Saints Row 2 game into an ISO file from my Xbox 360 that I copied onto my USB Drive and tried running it in the Xenia Canary emulator.

Edit #2: Do you happen to know where I could find the US versions of Saints Row 2, its DLC, and it's title update to download because the stuff that I downloaded from the links on Flippy's website doesn't seem to be working for me, and I don't know if I have enough left in me to try on keeping to make a personal ISO for myself from what I have on my Xbox 360.

Edit #3: Btw, I'm both talking about and looking for the US/North American version of everything, as I live in the United States if that'll help clarify anything for you.
I can't link you to any dlc files or iso images as that's against the rules here. If nothing works for you then I don't have a answer for you. Also creating your own custom ISO image is not recommended as the tools that create from scratch or convert god files to iso are not correct. While xenia ignores alot of the incorrect stuff done it won't always work. You can convert god to iso then use a tool such as Xbox back up creator to extract the iso to xed format which is basically all loose files in a folder and then have xenia just load the default xex. Lastly you can use tools such as Horizon or velocity to extract the title update and get the xexp file and then use a program such as xextool/xextoolgui and try to patch the xex to latest TU and then just put the patched xex and patch vpp file in the game root directory of the extracted version of the game and try again, if all else fails try diff xenia canary builds. Because to me it honestly sounds like a TU mismatch or a dlc mismatch

Okay fair enough, and I haven’t heard of/tried the Xextool/Xextoolgui programs yet, so I’ll try doing that at some point soon and will let you know if it works or not.

I actually just started getting into this Saints Row/Saints Row 2 Xenia modding a few hours before I initially made this post, so I’m still figuring things out.

What’s the patch vpp file, and what other canary builds could work for Saints Row 2 and its DLC specifically?

Because I did basically the same exact thing for Saints Row 2006 as I did with Saints Row 2, and had little to no problem getting it up and running where even all of its DLC’s are working how they should be working.

Last edited:
Okay fair enough, and I haven’t heard of/tried the Xextool/Xextoolgui programs yet, so I’ll try doing that at some point soon and will let you know if it works or not.

I actually just started getting into this Saints Row/Saints Row 2 Xenia modding a few hours before I initially made this post, so I’m still figuring things out.

What’s the patch vpp file, and what other canary builds could work for Saints Row 2 and its DLC specifically?

And with the Saints Row 2 files/DLC’s, I’ve downloaded them all from Flippy’s website, so shouldn’t they all work together and not have any kind of issues and mismatches going on?

Because I did basically the same exact thing for Saints Row 2006 as I did with Saints Row 2, and had little to no problem getting it up and running where even all of its DLC’s are working how they should be working.
It's prob in your best interest to not admit to downloading stuff from flippys site lol. Ideally yeah they prob should but I personally never cross verified myself. Tbh i've had this same issue as you and my supplied fixes usually always fixed it, every now and then i'll get the corrupted dlc message. You may want to start with a fresh xenia canary install, and you may want to delete everything related to Sr2 from xenia, then reinstall the dlc and tu again just to make sure nothing did get corrupted, and at the end of the day it could be some xenia setting messing stuff up but that is a bit beyond me.

Back