Remastered support with old mods

I may have found a solution to use loose "sr3_city.lua". Here's how to do it;
  • Backup "misc_vpp.pc"
  • Open "misc_vpp.pc" with Hex Editor
  • Search words with "sr3_city.lua" (Maybe you'll hit 0x00006E06)
  • Overwrite "sr3_city.lua" with all "00" (This makes SRTTR can't read "sr3_city.lua" from "misc_vpp.pc")
  • Copy "sr3_city.lua" from SRTT to SRTTR's root folder
  • Run the game

• Backup "misc_vpp.pc"
  • Overwrite "sr3_city.lua" with all "00" (This makes SRTTR can't read "sr3_city.lua" from "misc_vpp.pc")
  • Run the game
Can you confirm that script is loading from the root folder? Did you test sandbox+ or another lua mod?

• Backup "misc_vpp.pc"
  • Run the game
Testing asap will report back shortly

No dice. Game just crashes. though it could just be that the sr3_city.lua we have from the old game is out of date. this solution might be possible

If Sandbox crush, try this script, it simply teleports player character after loading to the monument near the river.
I tried the one posted on the first page of this thread.

Found out the problem. sr3_city.lua seems to not be used anymore. it is all done directly in hex... this worries me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried the one posted on the first page of this thread.
That script has few functions, my only one, the game can reject script when it has removed\wrong function.

Found out the problem. sr3_city.lua seems to not be used anymore. it is all done directly in hex... this worries me.
We should wait on updated pack tools to figure out how the game is working now, anyway it's not user friendly solution to corrupt the archive for prioritizing loading

Speaking of tools... I wonder how similar the file structure is to AOM. if its exactly like AOM, then we might already have *read only* tools. i am no expert on building the tools but i would be interested in somone attempting to use the aom tools for read only purposes (reason i am mentioning building the tools is because the source code was released on saintsrowmods github but the tool itself never had a full release

I want to know exactly why Sandbox+ doesn't work (I don't own Remastered) so I made a simple test script.
Upon loading a saved game, it should display "HELLO WORLD!", teleport you to Boat Dock, and gives you 5 stars police wanted level.
View attachment 25789

If this script works then I suspect they removed some functions like "player_button_is_pressed".
If a Hello World message shows up but doesn't teleport you, then they removed teleport functions.
If it doesn't work at all (not even a Hello World message) then it could mean any of the following:
* message function got removed
* sr3_city_main() is not called by the game anymore (it was a blank function in the 2011 vanilla so they may have decided to not bother it)
* sr3_city.lua is not loaded by the game; the game lost its ability to load loose lua files (only xtbl is loaded)
* The contents of sr3_city.lua is drastically different from the original (2011) version.
* The game doesn't use Lua anymore; missions are now hardcoded in C++ (I heard Agents of Mayhem is apparently like this)

I also want to know if game_lib.lua is loaded by the game, so I uploaded a modified game_lib.lua.
If the first enemies in the first bank heist mission shows health bars, then game_lib.lua is loaded by the game and the missions still use Lua internally.
View attachment 25791
I managed to get game_lib.lua working... no progress on sr3_city.lua yet

HOLY SHIT I GOT IT WORKING. the guy was right with the hexedit i just did it wrong

uploadiing my hexedited version with credit in one minute

Last edited:
Believe it or not sr3_city.lua still works in my game, but it seems to works only in-game functions.
If you haven't completed "Zombie Attack" mission yet, try this lua.
Arapice Island turns into plane crash site situation without zombies.

Go9sOFA.jpg

Attachments

• sr3_city.lua
    8 KB · Views: 262
Back